The Student Room Group

Girlfriend Issues

I have a girlfriend and we've been together 2 and a half years now and for the last year she hasn't had any sex / only sees me once every 3 months now for a couple hours, what can I do?

I've asked her if she'd like to get back into the sex and seeing me more often and she's like 'yes' but I'm yet to see anything come of it after months of her agreeing to progressing...

What shall I do?
Sounds like she’s becoming more distant - literally. Personally, a relationship shouldn’t run on seeing each other every 3 months and for only a couple of hours. Having sex regularly in a relationship is also good / healthy. Talking and doing other stuff together is also good but if you’re not only spending 2 hours or so together then it sounds like you’re not getting up to much. If the sex or the talking or the genuine hanging out and having a good time has declined and she’s saying she will get back into it but you’ve yet to see progress then it seems like there’s a problem.

Maybe have a talk with her about what she wants from life now and where you guys are at. If you don’t mind, what’s the reason why you guys are seeing each other every 3 months... what’s your situation? Do you feel loved or do you feel like you still love her?
Reply 2
Original post by Jim The Pill
I have a girlfriend and we've been together 2 and a half years now and for the last year she hasn't had any sex / only sees me once every 3 months now for a couple hours, what can I do?

I've asked her if she'd like to get back into the sex and seeing me more often and she's like 'yes' but I'm yet to see anything come of it after months of her agreeing to progressing...

What shall I do?

Obviously, you ask her where she sees this relationship going? does she want it? ask her. And dont allow her to waste much more of your time. So agree to meet up. If she fails to do so soon(in the next 10 days) then dump her- she is not serious!
(edited 4 years ago)
Based on what you've said it sounds possible she's no longer attracted to you but is still trying to maintain the relationship out of habit/not wanting to lose the friendship.
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
Based on what you've said it sounds possible she's no longer attracted to you but is still trying to maintain the relationship out of habit/not wanting to lose the friendship.

Then she is being disingenuous and should be dumped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending