The Student Room Group

I can’t think of any “positions of responsibility” for my UCAS personal statement

Hello, I’m in the process of writing my personal statement for UCAS. I am applying for physics. I can talk a lot about the academic side but when it comes to extracurriculars, I can’t think of any apart from like two or three basic hobbies or learning a language, or otherwise something I did several years ago. I can think of academic stuff that is separate from the A levels I’m doing such as mathematics challenges or the physics olympiad but it’s hard for me to think of anything else extracurricular. What should I do? Should I be ok or do I need more extracurricular stuff?

Also, as I mentioned in the title, I am honestly stumped with regards to positions of responsibility. I’m not a prefect or anything in my school. Will this bring me down too? Maybe I’m not thinking hard enough but I really have no idea what to put for that...
Universities are not interested in hobbies or positions of responsibilities. They’re looking for learners not leaders.

Your PS will be stronger without irrelevant things cluttering it up.
Instead of extracurriculars, I say talk about something you are passionate about maybe like books, games or whatnot and somehow tie it into your degree maybe ??

And when I mean by this, talk anout what it has taught you and how it encourages you to learn and how it teaches you to do such.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending