The Student Room Group

Dropped out

I was a second year student at university. Managed to pass 1st year but flunked it in the second year, my option now is to switch course at different uni but I am not sure if that is what I want to do. Anyone had the same situation and any advice?
What course? Did you enjoy the course or not?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
What course? Did you enjoy the course or not?

It was a Biology course and yes I did
Original post by Khushi112
I was a second year student at university. Managed to pass 1st year but flunked it in the second year, my option now is to switch course at different uni but I am not sure if that is what I want to do. Anyone had the same situation and any advice?

What made you fail second year? Is it an ongoing issue, that may still affect your studies after your transfer?
Original post by PhoenixFortune
What made you fail second year? Is it an ongoing issue, that may still affect your studies after your transfer?

I think it was just the issues I had with the stress and studying but I am scared that it might get worse which will cost more mentally, financially and physically. I will have to travel 4 hours a day to get to the other uni which will be very stressful too
Original post by Anonymous
I think it was just the issues I had with the stress and studying but I am scared that it might get worse which will cost more mentally, financially and physically. I will have to travel 4 hours a day to get to the other uni which will be very stressful too

I think you need to take some time to work out what's best for you, whether that's taking a gap year to sort out your mental health, or deciding that university isn't for you. Are there any other universities nearer to you? A 4-hour round trip to uni will take its toll if you're already stressed, so that might not be the best option.

What exactly are you finding difficult with regards to studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending