Can someone explain British men to me lol Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Im a 22 yr old girl from America and last month I visited a friend in Paris for a month. While I was there I decided to try a dating app out of curiosity. I ended up matching with a British guy who works/lives in Paris and we went on a date. We really clicked surprisingly and both felt a connection. We started to hang out more and things started to get more serious. I ended up losing my virginity to him (oops) and he basically confessed his love for me. I dont know if he really meant that or if it was just a in-the-moment type of thing. Do Europeans say things like that casually? It literally felt like something out of a movie. But we both knew that I have to go back home to the U.S. so it was bittersweet. Anyways, when I came back, we whatsapped for a little but the convos got shorter and less engaging. Then we just stopped talking. I want to convince myself that this was a just a fling and to get over it but Im not sure how to cope with the feeling of longing to be with him. I miss him and the short time we had together. We follow each other on instagram and he'll occasionally comment on my stories but its nothing more than that. I know I sound like a whiney millennial but this feeling sucks and Im not sure what to do.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It sounds like he has moved on, as his communication with you has dwindled. It happens when you are young ( and older too)! Do not let him keep you hanging on, or let him get to you. Try to meet someone else who really cares about you.

PS I wish someone would explain British men to me as well. I’m 56 and still do not understand them.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
A British man who works in Paris is not typical of British men I would expect. He is able to speak a language other than English, for starters. I expect he just wanted sex and afterwards felt he had got what he wanted from this brief relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
It sounds like he has moved on, as his communication with you has dwindled. It happens when you are young ( and older too)! Do not let him keep you hanging on, or let him get to you. Try to meet someone else who really cares about you.

PS I wish someone would explain British men to me as well. I’m 56 and still do not understand them.
hahahahah youre right, thank you x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by barnetlad)
A British man who works in Paris is not typical of British men I would expect. He is able to speak a language other than English, for starters. I expect he just wanted sex and afterwards felt he had got what he wanted from this brief relationship.
a nice reality slap in the face. Thanks lol
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
He just wanted sex
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think you may need to binge watch all the Richard Curtis films featuring Hugh Grant, this will give you a mildly glamourised feeling for the British male (4Weds1Fune) for ex. (Tho' you should also take Estella Marie Thompson's counter-balancing point of view into account)

It's difficult with these 'long distance relationships' - I suspect that if you & he were closer (in distance terms) say within 3hr drive, then it'd work. Should you accidentally end up doing a Masters in paris, or better an MBA in Fontainebleau , then might get more sparks.

A very British male friend of mine (Timothy) met a very nice US lady (Nancy) at a party in Thoiry, (Ain, France) literally in front of me, and they married a couple of years later (it was in the NYT 'Style' section on July 15th, 1990) - they remained married for twenty-one years and had two kids. So sometimes....
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I was living in France and when I came back to the uk briefly I met a guy.. we wrote throughout the year, but when I came back I found out he was more in love with his car than me
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
I think you may need to binge watch all the Richard Curtis films featuring Hugh Grant, this will give you a mildly glamourised feeling for the British male (4Weds1Fune) for ex. (Tho' you should also take Estella Marie Thompson's counter-balancing point of view into account)

It's difficult with these 'long distance relationships' - I suspect that if you & he were closer (in distance terms) say within 3hr drive, then it'd work. Should you accidentally end up doing a Masters in paris, or better an MBA in Fontainebleau , then might get more sparks.

A very British male friend of mine (Timothy) met a very nice US lady (Nancy) at a party in Thoiry, (Ain, France) literally in front of me, and they married a couple of years later (it was in the NYT 'Style' section on July 15th, 1990) - they remained married for twenty-one years and had two kids. So sometimes....
this made me laugh, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
26.9%
Not great so far... (223)
36.14%
I want to drop out! (118)
19.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed