The Student Room Group

What do I do if I’m too ill to hand in uni homework?

I’ve been feeling as sick as a dog for the last few days making it hard for me to be able to go in and I have homework due so I was wondering what I could do since there are penalties for late hand in.
Is it just 'homework' or a submission. If it's a formal submission you will need an extenuating circumstances form or apply for an extension with medical evidence. If it's just a piece of work that the tutor wants just email them to explain.
Are you in school, college or uni ?
Original post by Sonicalireza
I’ve been feeling as sick as a dog for the last few days making it hard for me to be able to go in and I have homework due so I was wondering what I could do since there are penalties for late hand in.

There will be a very specific process set out for this in your university handbook, you need to be aware of that and follow it correctly or you will lose marks for assessed work. If its a "minor" issue you may be able to self assess and put in a medical form and ask for an extension. If you do want an extension, you should ask for it IN ADVANCE, otherwise, unless its a catastrophic problem (getting hit by a bus) the university will say no as you didn't follow the system. It is also politic to email the lecturer / head of lab etc concerned directly with marking to let them know, along with your personal tutor.

That all sounds like a bit of a faf, but students will always try to game the system, hence universities typically stick very closely to the rules to avoid all sorts of "I was only 3 minutes late, my computer was ill" quibbles.
(edited 4 years ago)
I mean unless you literally can't get out of bed jump in a taxi and go hand it in.

if you can't email your tutor first as they may just give you an extension, if they say no go extenuating circumstances
Can't a friend hand it in for you? Or can't you submit electronically?

Or do you mean that you haven't completed the work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending