The Student Room Group

Why do i hate living away from home so much?!

I hate living at uni & away from home, everyone else seems to enjoy it so much & i just hate it i just cant wait for May until I can transfer somewhere closer to home so I can commute.
Anon, that’s a very usual feeling. Everyone experiences things differently; some may like it and I’m sure there are people like you who feel exactly the same.

Do what you feel comfortable!
Original post by Anonymous
I hate living at uni & away from home, everyone else seems to enjoy it so much & i just hate it i just cant wait for May until I can transfer somewhere closer to home so I can commute.

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying yourself at university. :frown:

Living away from home is really hard! There are good parts and less good parts but it takes some time adjust. It is still quite early in the year and things can still change! Its good that you are giving yourself until May, because it will give you a chance to decide whether you really want to commit to your decision. If after first year you still feel this way then maybe commuting might be a good idea for you!

Just remember you aren't alone, and you can always call home or visit if you feel really homesick!

Hope this helped and I hope you start to enjoy yourself a bit more!

Zoe:smile:
Reply 3
Anon, that’s a very usual feeling. Everyone experiences things differently; some may like it and I’m sure there are people like you who feel exactly the same.

Do what you feel comfortable!

thank you so much it's just wen ur constantly being told have fun do this do that & ur really not enjoying urself, it's hard esp wen I see everyone having a blast
Reply 4
Original post by ARUStudents
I'm sorry you aren't enjoying yourself at university. :frown:

Living away from home is really hard! There are good parts and less good parts but it takes some time adjust. It is still quite early in the year and things can still change! Its good that you are giving yourself until May, because it will give you a chance to decide whether you really want to commit to your decision. If after first year you still feel this way then maybe commuting might be a good idea for you!

Just remember you aren't alone, and you can always call home or visit if you feel really homesick!

Hope this helped and I hope you start to enjoy yourself a bit more!

Zoe:smile:

Hi, thank you so much, I go home every weekend lol so I still see my family but it's not the same as seeing them everyday:frown:
& it's just like I look around & think I don't belong here & cant see myself here for the next 2 years :frown:

Don't worry, a lot of people struggle with this even if it doesn't seem like it.

For example, I only post on social media when I'm having a good time, never when I'm upset. You're just not seeing the whole picture for a lot of people.

I'm not sure how far away from home you are right now but have you scheduled any trips back yet? They always help me and give me something to look forward to.

You should talk to your personal tutor and student wellbeing services. They're there to help you after all.
I feel you because I feel the same
Reply 7
Original post by pivotalmoment
Don't worry, a lot of people struggle with this even if it doesn't seem like it.

For example, I only post on social media when I'm having a good time, never when I'm upset. You're just not seeing the whole picture for a lot of people.

I'm not sure how far away from home you are right now but have you scheduled any trips back yet? They always help me and give me something to look forward to.

You should talk to your personal tutor and student wellbeing services. They're there to help you after all.

I go home every weekend & sometimes mid week as I only have uni 3days but it's Monday, Thursday, Friday bit annoying as it's not a long weekend as I have to go back for my one lecture on Monday but sometimes I go back on Monday after my lecture & then go back on Thursday morning but I won't he doing that for the next few weeks & every weekend I've been back cos I hate it so much & don't see the point of staying as everyone either goes home or works. & honestly so true going home is the only thing I look forward to every week :frown:
& I think I do need to speak to them as my anxiety is killing me. I wanted to transfer closer to home but ppl on tsr r giving me anxiety as the ones close to my home aren't great but I can't live away :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Blackstarr
I feel you because I feel the same

I just can't stay there literally I can feel the anxiety building

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending