The Student Room Group

Am I at a disadvantage not being an early applicant?

Some of my friends who applied early are already receiving uni offers. This is stressing me out as I haven’t applied yet and I’m worried it’s put me at a disadvantage. Am I getting worried over nothing?
If it’s any help I’m applying neuroscience at UCL, Kcl, Manchester, Nottingham and an undecided 5th
no, u will be given equal consideration
Reply 2
Don’t worry you’ll be fine :smile: they don’t give all the spaces just to early applicants.
Reply 3
Universities (via UCAS) have to guarantee that all applications received before 15 Jan deadline get equal consideration.

That being said, you may or may not have a psychological advantage because admissions tutors may or may not feel that since there are many spaces left when you apply early they may give out some places more easily. Take this with a HUGE pinch of salt but from the different open events I've been to this has been the general advice. When sending it in January, the admissions staff have a huge pile to process.
Reply 4
Original post by Apad121
Universities (via UCAS) have to guarantee that all applications received before 15 Jan deadline get equal consideration.

That being said, you may or may not have a psychological advantage because admissions tutors may or may not feel that since there are many spaces left when you apply early they may give out some places more easily. Take this with a HUGE pinch of salt but from the different open events I've been to this has been the general advice. When sending it in January, the admissions staff have a huge pile to process.

Thank you! I’ll work to getting it sent off ASAP just to be safe :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Vv133
Thank you! I’ll work to getting it sent off ASAP just to be safe :smile:

You're very welcome!

I certainly wouldn't say worry about it yet. HOWEVER do not make a mistake in the reference or predicted grades. I have seen it happen too many times!

Good luck! Sendjng off the UCAS form is a great mile stone! A huge relief!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending