The Student Room Group

University decisions

I've applied to the University of Oxford, Imperial College, St.Andrews, UCL, and Birmingham as of the 1st of October 2019. Should I consider it as negative that I've only heard back from one of them (Birmingham) as of now?
No. Rejections are negative. Silence means nothing either way.
Reply 2
Hi there

Oxford and Imperial often have interviews so of course they're later.
St Andrews only usually give out offers in Jan or Feb.
UCL are often quite quick but that depends massively on the department and course.

It's great that you have an offer already.

So DO NOT WORRY.

Which course have toy applied for?

This is a great thread showing which departments and courses have begun giving our offers.

Good luck!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6177978
Nope. I did not hear back from my preferred university until February.
Reply 4
Original post by Apad121
Hi there

Oxford and Imperial often have interviews so of course they're later.
St Andrews only usually give out offers in Jan or Feb.
UCL are often quite quick but that depends massively on the department and course.

It's great that you have an offer already.

So DO NOT WORRY.

Which course have toy applied for?

This is a great thread showing which departments and courses have begun giving our offers.

Good luck!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6177978

Thanks for the reply! I've applied for the undergraduate course of Biochemistry...
Reply 5
Oxford will only give the final word in January (unless you don't get an interview), Imperial and St. Andrew's can take even longer.
Original post by ananyabhatt
I've applied to the University of Oxford, Imperial College, St.Andrews, UCL, and Birmingham as of the 1st of October 2019. Should I consider it as negative that I've only heard back from one of them (Birmingham) as of now?

No,
Oxford normally get back mid/late November with interview invites
The others are probably still putting together a profile of the applicant pool (applications run till mid-january) hence still need to time to establish who gets offers, interviews etc... You might have to wait a couple of months tbh

Birmingham gave you an offer as they are confident this early in the process you are suitable

the more elite the course & uni combo the higher the rate 'firmed offers' to total offers, hence these unis need to see many more applicants before they can give out offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending