The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography Applicants - 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by stepheds
I went to their open day on 19th Oct after submitting my UCAS on 14th Oct. The admissions tutor said she wasn’t looking at applications until the 21st Oct and that when I got my invitation to interview. She did say the first interview days were end of November and then they’d also be holding some in December and January.
Good luck with your application. My nerves are starting to kick in now.

Ahh okay Thank you, and dont worry you’ve got this, just make sure to prepare well and it’ll go great!
Has anyone else received an interview from Exeter?
I have through UCAS and they said I’d get an email with all the details of it through within 24 hours but I havnt had it :/
I’ve called and emailed the admissions team and they said they’d resend it etc but it still hasn’t come through?
I don’t want to be a pain, I will email them again today, but is anyone else having this problem? 😂
Hey, I’ve applied to do Diagnostic Radiography at Sheffield Hallam, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Salford :smile: Application was sent off on November 16th and heard back from Sheffield Hallam with an offer for Radiotherapy and Oncology instead as they said other applications were better than mine. Liverpool have emailed me asking me to send back a clinical visit form and why I want a career in Radiography but that’s the only responses I’ve had :smile:
Original post by SamScar
I've had an interview offer from UWE and Bangor so far, had an email from Exeter admissions regarding the pathway I'm on so at least it's not a rejection lol, just waiting on Cardiff as that's where I really want to go 😁

Current 3rd year at Cardiff if you have any questions =]

Original post by Pippa_ajd
Got an interview for Exeter (in January) last night 🎉😁

Did first year Radiography at Exeter if you have any questions =]
Original post by beckadru
Hey, I’ve applied to do Diagnostic Radiography at Sheffield Hallam, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Salford :smile: Application was sent off on November 16th and heard back from Sheffield Hallam with an offer for Radiotherapy and Oncology instead as they said other applications were better than mine. Liverpool have emailed me asking me to send back a clinical visit form and why I want a career in Radiography but that’s the only responses I’ve had :smile:

Don’t panic about not hearing from Salford yet. I had my interview there yesterday and they said no offers would be made until around April time once all shortlisted had been interviewed. They want to make it fair to everyone.
Original post by beckadru

Hi @beckadru,

Congratulations on your offer to study with us :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield!

- Ella
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, I submitted in mid-November and I've applied to Leeds, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Portsmouth and UWE. I've got an interview for Hertfordshire and Suffolk this month and UWE in January, but I haven't heard anything from Leeds and Portsmouth and I'm starting to get worried
Original post by Raji.kaa
Hi, I submitted in mid-November and I've applied to Leeds, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Portsmouth and UWE. I've got an interview for Hertfordshire and Suffolk this month and UWE in January, but I haven't heard anything from Leeds and Portsmouth and I'm starting to get worried

I had my Portsmouth interview last week, they may have done the first round for earlier applicants and are waiting for the January deadline to send out the other invites,, I wouldn’t be worried if I were you, a lot of unis wait until January to send out the second lot of interviews— if you have interviews for other places there’s no reason that they shouldn’t give you one. 😁
Original post by Pippa_ajd
I had my Portsmouth interview last week, they may have done the first round for earlier applicants and are waiting for the January deadline to send out the other invites,, I wouldn’t be worried if I were you, a lot of unis wait until January to send out the second lot of interviews— if you have interviews for other places there’s no reason that they shouldn’t give you one. 😁

Thanks. What was the interview like, and how did it go for you? Hope it went well!
Original post by Raji.kaa
Thanks. What was the interview like, and how did it go for you? Hope it went well!

It was good I think!
We went into a main conference room (all 15ish of us,) and had a quick talk about the uni, and the course, and got to talk to students about the course and anything about Portsmouth in general.
We were given individual interview times, and then they started after a break for lunch.
It was quite straight forward, questions on the course and why you wanted to do it, who you are as a person, making sure you knew about the course and what it entails etc, and a couple of scenario questions.

I had an interview at Keele on Saturday which was very similar, slightly different questions and atmosphere, and got an offer today!

Be as prepared as you can, make sure you know what’s on your personal statement as well.
I think if you show good interest in the course and you’re confident/show you’ve done research, they’ll be happy with your answers. They made it clear that they don’t mean to trip you up with the questions 😂😁
Reply 30
Hey i know the interviews have just started, but has anyone else heard back from Salford yet? I just got a call today where they gave me the offer! Just wondering if anyone else did too xx
Reply 31
Hi,
Mature student here too! Applying to study diagnostic radiography at Derby and Sheffield Hallam.

Well done to those who have had offers already and good luck to those applying or waiting.
Reply 32
Hi I'm currently doing my A-Levels and have applied to DeMontfort (new course for 2019) Derby, Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham City. Got an interview from Birmingham City for the 18th December but otherwise still waiting! Anyone else applied for DMU? That'll be my first choice as it's in my home city.
Reply 33
Original post by Yumy632
Hi I'm currently doing my A-Levels and have applied to DeMontfort (new course for 2019) Derby, Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham City. Got an interview from Birmingham City for the 18th December but otherwise still waiting! Anyone else applied for DMU? That'll be my first choice as it's in my home city.

Yes I'm going to the open day at DMU to see what it's like.
Reply 34
Original post by JC003
Yes I'm going to the open day at DMU to see what it's like.

I thought it was nice everything was really new for the course but because it's a new course I'm worried there might be technical issues with placements. The program leader there was from Derby University so I'm guessing it's going to be very similar to Derby's course.
Original post by JC003
Hi,
Mature student here too! Applying to study diagnostic radiography at Derby and Sheffield Hallam.

Well done to those who have had offers already and good luck to those applying or waiting.

Hi @JC003,

We're glad to hear you are applying to Hallam! Let me know if you have any questions about studying at here or student life in Sheffield! :smile:

- Ella
Original post by anikaxs
Hey i know the interviews have just started, but has anyone else heard back from Salford yet? I just got a call today where they gave me the offer! Just wondering if anyone else did too xx

Wow well done! Do you already have your qualifications or any experience etc?

I’ve never heard of any uni phoning to make an offer. I thought they should all be done via email or track?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 37
Wow well done! Do you already have your qualifications or any experience etc?

I’ve never heard of any uni phoning to make an offer. I thought they should all be done via email or track?

Thank you!!! And nope im currently in yr13 doing my a-levels. I dont have any qualifications other than my gcses and other small highschool/college awards right now and i have completed the clinical placement but thats about it! The admissions tutor called me yesterday and said that it was a follow up call to the interview and that they were impressed so made me the offer therefore i thought they must have called a few other people too following the interview, so honestly im not too sure about the process😂 But anyway hopefully they get back to you soon too or even in April with good news!! xx
Original post by anikaxs
Thank you!!! And nope im currently in yr13 doing my a-levels. I dont have any qualifications other than my gcses and other small highschool/college awards right now and i have completed the clinical placement but thats about it! The admissions tutor called me yesterday and said that it was a follow up call to the interview and that they were impressed so made me the offer therefore i thought they must have called a few other people too following the interview, so honestly im not too sure about the process😂 But anyway hopefully they get back to you soon too or even in April with good news!! xx

Well done. Really happy for you.
Reply 39
Well done. Really happy for you.

Awww thank you it means alot🥺💕

Quick Reply

Latest