The Student Room Group

Exeter Uni WEIRD OFFER

My predictions are A*A*A*. I just got an offer from Exeter. The offer is AAA. I’ve applied for biology with a placement year. My a levels are maths economics and biology. However, they have said that if I make Exeter my firm choice and get AAB with the B in economics, they guarantee me a place at Exeter uni for the biology course BUT without the placement. Am I able to refuse the AAB alternative without the placement while still putting Exeter as my top choice. To sum it all up, I would love to go to Exeter but if I have to go to exeter without doing a placement year, I’d rather go to another uni
Original post by doggiedj121
My predictions are A*A*A*. I just got an offer from Exeter. The offer is AAA. I’ve applied for biology with a placement year. My a levels are maths economics and biology. However, they have said that if I make Exeter my firm choice and get AAB with the B in economics, they guarantee me a place at Exeter uni for the biology course BUT without the placement. Am I able to refuse the AAB alternative without the placement while still putting Exeter as my top choice. To sum it all up, I would love to go to Exeter but if I have to go to exeter without doing a placement year, I’d rather go to another uni

Is the AAA offer for Exeter with the placement year included? If so, you should put it as your top choice and work hard for your grades, putting an insurance choice as well. It’s worth bearing in mind though that if you got AAB on results day and didn’t want to go to Exeter without the placement year, you’d have to ask them to release you though
Original post by doggiedj121

You should Firm Exeter if they are your top choice (no hurry to do it yet though). If you get AAA you will get onto the Biology with placement year. If you get AAB (which seems unlikely anyway) they may still let you onto that course but guarantee that they will offer you at least an alternative course which is Biology without a placement year.

If they offer you an alternative course to the one you applied for, you do not have to accept it. You can reject an alternative course and go to your Insurance uni instead.
Hi there, I studied Biology at Exeter and basically everyone kinda joins the same course to start with and then those people who applied to do placement year or year abroad sort all that out during second year. But some people decided not to do it anyway and I’m pretty sure some people who got 65%+ in first year transferred into the year abroad/placement year. They’re really flexible once you’re in so I’d firm it. It’s a fab course too :-)
Reply 4
Original post by laurajayne95
Hi there, I studied Biology at Exeter and basically everyone kinda joins the same course to start with and then those people who applied to do placement year or year abroad sort all that out during second year. But some people decided not to do it anyway and I’m pretty sure some people who got 65%+ in first year transferred into the year abroad/placement year. They’re really flexible once you’re in so I’d firm it. It’s a fab course too :-)

Thank you that really helps, especially to hear from someone who has done the course!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending