The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Personal Statement

Basically, I'm currently in Year 11 so I am applying to Sixth Forms and one of them is asking for a personal statement and I don't know how to write one..

I was just wondering what I actually need to say since I have never had to write one before and my current school isn't helping us at all.. Like is it just future plans, what you wanna study, what you're doing now etc?

(BTW on the online application, it just says "Please note you will be required to submit a personal statement (50-4000 characters)" so it doesn't give much info or guidance 😂)

Oh and yes I am one of those people that literally does nothing out of school (like extracurriculars or a job) so writing about that is out of the question :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
bumpppppp
Reply 3
If you don't have anything you do outside of school, try and write about what you might be/ will be interested in or stuff you would like to do. Also I would recommend starting an extra curricular thing of some sort! it really is useful to talk about, do you really have nothing?
I would just write a couple of sentences about why you want to study each of your chosen a level subjects, maybe giving an example or something longer for one of them. Then finish by saying what you want to do in the future (or any possible ideas you have).
If you’ve done anything extra in school eg. Maths challenge, you could talk about that. It’s probably not necessary just for sixth form though.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 12canns
If you don't have anything you do outside of school, try and write about what you might be/ will be interested in or stuff you would like to do. Also I would recommend starting an extra curricular thing of some sort! it really is useful to talk about, do you really have nothing?

Thanks, I really don't have anything.. once I'm home from school I literally do pretty much nothing 😂

Original post by Dancer2001
I would just write a couple of sentences about why you want to study each of your chosen a level subjects, maybe giving an example or something longer for one of them. Then finish by saying what you want to do in the future (or any possible ideas you have).
If you’ve done anything extra in school eg. Maths challenge, you could talk about that. It’s probably not necessary just for sixth form though.

Thank you for your reply :smile: I know a lot about what I wanna do in the future so I guess I can use that as a talking point.. Do you think I should talk about why one of my choices is theirs too?
I've just remembered I have done a couple things in school like that so I might mention them if they naturally fit in..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending