The Student Room Group

Routines for muscle

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperHuman98
I suggest save your money and don’t go to a PT tbh.

For diet I recommend replacing Chapatti with basmati rice. Treating yourself to pizza (from a supermarket). Peanut butter and toast. I haven’t heard of protein causing kidney damage, and it would be difficult to eat that muck especially on a vegetarian diet. I would say aim for 130g-165g. 2x scoops a day is fine. Also get some more vegetables in your diet for your overall health

I agree with what the others suggested look at 5/3/1 for beginners or GZCLP (I am currently doing GZCL).

They will seem complicated at first but just read the right articles and you will understand. PM me any questions. And your smart enough to self learn anyway :tongue:

How’ve u been getting on with GZCLP?
Strength/Muscle gains?
Original post by StarGuardian
How’ve u been getting on with GZCLP?
Strength/Muscle gains?

I’m not on GZCLP. Basically GZCL is a method of training. GZCLP is good if your a beginner GZCLP is a template/version of GZCL

I’m on my own method of GZCL (I haven’t tried GZCLP) if that makes sense.

I am only on my 2nd week of GZCL, but I am enjoying it and it’s going well so far. I am confident it will give me both strength and muscle size gains
I’m not on GZCLP. Basically GZCL is a method of training. GZCLP is good if your a beginner GZCLP is a template/version of GZCL

I’m on my own method of GZCL (I haven’t tried GZCLP) if that makes sense.

I am only on my 2nd week of GZCL, but I am enjoying it and it’s going well so far. I am confident it will give me both strength and muscle size gains

👍🏼
How long has it taken you guys to get noticeable muscle gain (especially after following a new diet, and training 3/4x weekly)?
Some good advice from the lads. I personally recommend 1g/kg of bw of protein per day.

But Do I even lift
Original post by Angry cucumber
Some good advice from the lads. I personally recommend 1g/kg of bw of protein per day.

But Do I even lift

Lol 😂

Yh I’m getting more than that which is gd 👍🏼
How long has it taken you guys to get noticeable muscle gain (especially after following a new diet, and training 3/4x weekly)?

I only ask because of the MyFitnessPal diet pics I sent on here - I’m couple hundred short of goal, but I’m eating more than usual so think I’ll be able to gain muscle.

Should I follow what I posted for “x” weeks by which point if I haven’t noticed any visible change and has no muscle gain from scales then increase kcals?

Or I can meet the goal easily by adding in a second protein shake (eg pre bed)?

I don’t want to get fat by eating excess pointlessly, but at the same time I don’t want to follow this diet for ages and still be back at square one!
I only ask because of the MyFitnessPal diet pics I sent on here - I’m couple hundred short of goal, but I’m eating more than usual so think I’ll be able to gain muscle.

Should I follow what I posted for “x” weeks by which point if I haven’t noticed any visible change and has no muscle gain from scales then increase kcals?

Or I can meet the goal easily by adding in a second protein shake (eg pre bed)?

I don’t want to get fat by eating excess pointlessly, but at the same time I don’t want to follow this diet for ages and still be back at square one!

So if your scale isn’t changing after 2 weeks. Then you increase calories. Adding an extra protein shake would be increasing calories so yeah.

I’d look up some examples of how other vegetarians eat when they are trying to gain muscle.
So if your scale isn’t changing after 2 weeks. Then you increase calories. Adding an extra protein shake would be increasing calories so yeah.

I’d look up some examples of how other vegetarians eat when they are trying to gain muscle.

Ok will do, thanks 😁

Quick Reply

Latest