The Student Room Group

Weight loss

Hi, I have been trying lose weight and gain muscle I’ve been doing for about 4 weeks now and I have not really seen any significant improvement. I am doing all e right exercises eating right. I have my chest days on the weekends twice a week because it is important to enjoy your off days.

I’ve done these weight loss journey before and got to my target. But I just want to be skinny I want to have a body like Jake Gyllenhaal the way he looked in southpaw. However he is an actor and gets paid to looks in peak physical condition. I know obviously can get ripped like other can because genetics plays a key role but however they might have probably used steroids.
I don’t have time to prep for meals in advance as I have jobs and I don’t want to have to buy my fitness pal to keep track of my routine. Even though it can be useful just trying save money atm. I just don’t want to know if any of you gym experts out there that know how lose weight and gain muscle at the same time without using steroids or any other dodgy supplements.
Reply 1
Keep meals simple and high protein, ie chicken and rice, egg fried rice, potatoes and beef etc. Drink enough water, sleep enough. Patience is the most important thing, though - wait a couple more months.
Reply 2
Original post by turgid
SKeep meals simple and high protein, ie chicken and rice, egg fried rice, potatoes and beef etc. Drink enough water, sleep enough. Patience is the most important thing, though - wait a couple more months.

So having cheat days is fine?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So having cheat days is fine?

Yeah of course, so long as they aren't a regular thing. The most successful people tend to have a manageable but not extreme diet that works very well long-term.

Quick Reply

Latest