The Student Room Group

Is this rude?

Is it rude to ask my teachers if I can study in there room during lunchtimes (if I bump into them) because I don’t really have any friends right now and have exams coming up, plus there’s not really anywhere else to go when it’s cold

Scroll to see replies

No, likely not! They'll say no if they're not comfortable. Just approach it openly and giving them the option to say no and it should be fine.
Not at all , I did that for a few weeks in year 11 with my English teacher :smile:
Original post by Anonymous-being
Is it rude to ask my teachers if I can study in there room during lunchtimes (if I bump into them) because I don’t really have any friends right now and have exams coming up, plus there’s not really anywhere else to go when it’s cold

Of course it’s not rude! Many student do this for space and to study well :smile:
Original post by Hazzabear
Of course it’s not rude! Many student do this for space and to study well :smile:

Okay thank you! Sorry I’m just shy aha and don’t want them to get a bad impression or to interrupt their lunch
Not at all.
of course not, they’ll want you to study, so you voluntarily studying should be what they want.

Is there a school library? That is usually the best place to go.
Original post by Muttley79
Is there a school library? That is usually the best place to go.

There is, but I checked it out before and it’s usually packed with younger students from the main school, so it’s difficult to find a seat
There is, but I checked it out before and it’s usually packed with younger students from the main school, so it’s difficult to find a seat

OK but some schools have rules about classrooms being out of bounds at lunchtime.
Original post by Muttley79
OK but some schools have rules about classrooms being out of bounds at lunchtime.

Oh okay thanks, I guess I’ll just leave it then

It's not rude, but don't be surprised if your teacher says no. Just think what they'd do if everyone wanted to study in there over lunchtime!
opposite in my school lol. the teachers are even encouraging us to go to their room during breaks or frees or after school and that
Original post by Reality Check
It's not rude, but don't be surprised if your teacher says no. Just think what they'd do if everyone wanted to study in there over lunchtime!

Yeah good point, most people just hang in the study area, which is ironic because it’s always too busy to revise in there, but I guess I’ll see what happens
Reply 14
Definitely ask. It’s certainly not rude, if anything it just implies you’re committed to your studies which should make your teacher happy.
Yeah good point, most people just hang in the study area, which is ironic because it’s always too busy to revise in there, but I guess I’ll see what happens

I understand it's annoying if you want to study but can't find somewhere quiet and conducive to it. Is your library available over lunchtime?
Original post by Reality Check
I understand it's annoying if you want to study but can't find somewhere quiet and conducive to it. Is your library available over lunchtime?

Yes, but it’s usually busy because the younger students hang out in there when it’s cold, so again there’s not really anywhere to study
Reply 17
My english teacher let me use her room every lunch for a year. I even played sudoku on her smartboard a few times.
Original post by Bio 7
My english teacher let me use her room every lunch for a year. I even played sudoku on her smartboard a few times.

Cool thanks! Did you ask before going in because I feel awkward as she doesn’t really know me aha
Reply 19
Cool thanks! Did you ask before going in because I feel awkward as she doesn’t really know me aha

We got on well and she was usually there for a few mins at the startand end. The teachers always locked their rooms during break and lunch unless there was a reason not to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending