The Student Room Group

PIP and Esa

Hi, so I currently claim both from my physical disability that happened a few years ago but I decided I want to study at university. I have still not applied to university but if I do then what happens to pip and esa ? Also when do I inform pip and esa that I am thinking about going to university. I’m so confused on how the system works. Thanks
Original post by 88dg11
Hi, so I currently claim both from my physical disability that happened a few years ago but I decided I want to study at university. I have still not applied to university but if I do then what happens to pip and esa ? Also when do I inform pip and esa that I am thinking about going to university. I’m so confused on how the system works. Thanks

Pip is available whatever you are doing.

Esa only allows 16 hours of agreed activities a week. That can be study but full time study would normally be considered more than 16 hours.
Reply 2
https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/how-we-can-help/individuals/education/frequently-asked-questions-students this might be helpful. Go to your local CAB and discuss the situation. It gets really complicated when you have PIP and IR and/or CB ESA (or UC). I don't really understand it tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending