The Student Room Group

Almost 4 months of college, still friendless, what do I do?

Ive been going to college for nearly 4 months now and I'm really struggling to make friends with the people in my class. I only take one course because it is a BTEC course (all except fridays are half days and I don't go in on Mondays) so i'm really limited to the people who i can talk to. In a way I'm quite put off most people just because of how easily they became close friends, meeting up outside college ect aftere a few days introducing to other friends ect and if fells really fakey and I feel I can't really talk to them just because they have become so close already. I do have a few people I talk to in class and I have one girl I hang around with who is really shy but quite bossy in her own way and does not try to talk to other people in the class. I'm really scared I'm not going to have any people I feel comfortable around and be friends with and looking at how different my other friends I knew from high school college lives are going really breaks me down more. I do have friends outside of college that I love spending time with I would just like to have people in my college to call friends
Original post by Bree0
Ive been going to college for nearly 4 months now and I'm really struggling to make friends with the people in my class. I only take one course because it is a BTEC course (all except fridays are half days and I don't go in on Mondays) so i'm really limited to the people who i can talk to. In a way I'm quite put off most people just because of how easily they became close friends, meeting up outside college ect aftere a few days introducing to other friends ect and if fells really fakey and I feel I can't really talk to them just because they have become so close already. I do have a few people I talk to in class and I have one girl I hang around with who is really shy but quite bossy in her own way and does not try to talk to other people in the class. I'm really scared I'm not going to have any people I feel comfortable around and be friends with and looking at how different my other friends I knew from high school college lives are going really breaks me down more. I do have friends outside of college that I love spending time with I would just like to have people in my college to call friends

Please don't compare yourself to your friends because everyone is different :smile:
I understand that taking only one course limits you from spending more time with people but if your college organizes any events or if your classmates are going out and they invite you just go. It might not be your type of thing but just go and be yourself. If you don't like talking to people just go and say high, ask how they are doing and let them do the talking. Even otherwise, just talk to people form your college and say hi etc. You could invite them to have some coffee or something. Keep in touch with your friends outside of school and spend time with them.
Reply 2
step 1) act cool
step 2 ) refer to step 1
I just have online friends because ever since I started sixth form no one seems friendly enough
Reply 4
Original post by ScarletMacaw
I just have online friends because ever since I started sixth form no one seems friendly enou

"its just me myself and i"
Have you tried inviting them to stuff? Surely one of them will eventually say yes? Sorry I don’t have a great suggestion, I just saw your Monokuma picture and got excited.
Reply 6
Original post by ScarletMacaw
I just have online friends because ever since I started sixth form no one seems friendly enough

Ahah yeah same tho
Reply 7
Original post by username5010754
Have you tried inviting them to stuff? Surely one of them will eventually say yes? Sorry I don’t have a great suggestion, I just saw your Monokuma picture and got excited.

I guess I can try that and aha don't worry about it ^~^ Never expected someone to recognize my Monokuma profile picture but I'm happy someone did. Who's your favorite character?
Reply 8
Original post by Phoebe Buffet
Please don't compare yourself to your friends because everyone is different :smile:
I understand that taking only one course limits you from spending more time with people but if your college organizes any events or if your classmates are going out and they invite you just go. It might not be your type of thing but just go and be yourself. If you don't like talking to people just go and say high, ask how they are doing and let them do the talking. Even otherwise, just talk to people form your college and say hi etc. You could invite them to have some coffee or something. Keep in touch with your friends outside of school and spend time with them.

Thank you, I definitely need to put myself out there more i'm just really socially awkward and don't always know what to say but i'll get there just need to push myself more
Reply 9
Original post by Ollie___
step 1) act cool
step 2 ) refer to step 1

I feel I N S P I R E D aha
go on live stream
Reply 11
Original post by EanzRome
go on live stream

???
social media live stream

Quick Reply