The Student Room Group

i dont know how to cope anymore

im 17 and have very few friends, the ones i have i only talk to briefly.
i wish i could have a proper friend group, especially with girls, who i hung out with regularly. ive wanted one for years but i dont know where to start, it just seems people are not interested in me. everyone else i know fits in fine except me.

what can i do? i only have under 4 months of college before i will leave and never see any of them again. i also still havent asked out my crush which ive had since the start of y12, which just shows how much of a loser i am...
Reply 1
Original post by khv42
i wish i could have a proper friend group, especially with girls, who i hung out with regularly. ive wanted one for years but i dont know where to start, it just seems people are not interested in me. everyone else i know fits in fine except me.

what can i do? i only have under 4 months of college before i will leave and never see any of them again. i also still havent asked out my crush which ive had since the start of y12, which just shows how much of a loser i am...

don't worry I feel u cause until college I was shifting between friend groups and people cause I didn't seem to fit in or drama happened honestly it's the worse but it is good you hang out with a group of girls, to be honest, I don't think they don't like u maybe they just don't know how to interact with u for example in my friend group there are quite a lot of quiet ppl who I won't mind speaking to but it is a struggle to have a convo with them as they can't keep the convo going so most ppl just give up and let them do their own thing
I'm pretty sure if they didn't like u they would've told u to leave by now.
so the best advice is to be more social it might make u feel more welcome but also remember you have 4 months of college which is quite a short length of time and most ppl tend to distance themselves from their friends anyway when they go to college/uni so you won't be the only one and tbh ur focus is a level u shouldn't let what's going on in ur personal life affect u

in regards to Crush NGL I'm the worst person to ask for love advice but have u spoken to him, like do u get along, or do u follow him on social media?
Reply 2
Original post by nobody_000
don't worry I feel u cause until college I was shifting between friend groups and people cause I didn't seem to fit in or drama happened honestly it's the worse but it is good you hang out with a group of girls, to be honest, I don't think they don't like u maybe they just don't know how to interact with u for example in my friend group there are quite a lot of quiet ppl who I won't mind speaking to but it is a struggle to have a convo with them as they can't keep the convo going so most ppl just give up and let them do their own thing
I'm pretty sure if they didn't like u they would've told u to leave by now.
so the best advice is to be more social it might make u feel more welcome but also remember you have 4 months of college which is quite a short length of time and most ppl tend to distance themselves from their friends anyway when they go to college/uni so you won't be the only one and tbh ur focus is a level u shouldn't let what's going on in ur personal life affect u

in regards to Crush NGL I'm the worst person to ask for love advice but have u spoken to him, like do u get along, or do u follow him on social media?

im a male,
Reply 3
Original post by khv42
im a male,

omg I'm so sorry I didn't know - I shouldn't have assumed like that
but the point I'm tryna to make is that if the group of guys u hang out with don't like u they would have told u to leave
do they attempt to have a convo with u?
also how close are you with ur crush?
Original post by khv42

if you want to get to know people then you have to open up and forget about all your insecurities and the environment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending