The Student Room Group

Charles University entrance exam Feb 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Sarthak Modh
Right, but I've talked to a graduate from Charles and he said the prestige is present only within the country, going outside, it doesn't make much of a difference, MCI approval is a challenge, maybe I'll go for the first faculty then, as I said, still unsure. The people I talked to did not recommend studying at HK for quite a few reasons, hit me up for a discussion, so I think that leaves the First Faculty as my main choice, still going to ponder for a few days before deciding, and the final results of the interview are yet to be updated anyways.

Ohh right..me too.. i'm taking it a little slow.. no official update from first faculty yet..
do you mind listing the reasons to not go to HK that you came across after talking to people? because if not lf1.. i was thinking of lfhk..
i'm new to this platform, so i've no idea how to pm you or hit you up for a discussion.. :/
Original post by kcrane
Ohh right..me too.. i'm taking it a little slow.. no official update from first faculty yet..
do you mind listing the reasons to not go to HK that you came across after talking to people? because if not lf1.. i was thinking of lfhk..
i'm new to this platform, so i've no idea how to pm you or hit you up for a discussion.. :/

HK, the main reasons are that, dropout rate are nearly just as high, also, I don't see many reasons to study there, campus is comparatively newer than Charles first faculty, but I don't think it makes a lot of difference, also, I believe that it is a kind of isolated place, far away from the main cities, due to that, there may be lesser patients, and living in such a place would be difficult for six years. The second faculty has a huge hospital, and I believe the first faculty also sends students there. So, what I feel is, HK does not have special features which would lead me to go there and comparatively, Masaryk attracts me more.
I have similar views as yours, still kind of unsure if i'll be able to overcome the difficulties, for that reason I kind of prefer Masaryk, but otherwise, i'd go for the first faculty, and I applied through Gyanberry, they sent login details today, so we can check for updates on the official website, still awaiting first faculty results.

i thought that if they told you in the interview if you're accepted, thats final. my interviewer told me that i was accepted into first faculty so i assumed it was a final decision and i just have to wait for the official letter. is that not the case? they can change their decision?
Reply 83
HK, the main reasons are that, dropout rate are nearly just as high, also, I don't see many reasons to study there, campus is comparatively newer than Charles first faculty, but I don't think it makes a lot of difference, also, I believe that it is a kind of isolated place, far away from the main cities, due to that, there may be lesser patients, and living in such a place would be difficult for six years. The second faculty has a huge hospital, and I believe the first faculty also sends students there. So, what I feel is, HK does not have special features which would lead me to go there and comparatively, Masaryk attracts me more.

Okay, thanks a lot, when i compared the syllabus of lf1 and lfhk, i realised that lfhk syllabus is missing out on a few subjects.. overall, the course at lf1 seems to be more intensive and hence, the greater workload.. at lf1, the exams are harder in some cases and tougher to pass.. only this is making me doubt my decision about lf1.. although, looking at the other side of the coin, the hard way will make us more competent docs!
i was not aware that the drop out rate at HK is nearly same.. thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
i thought that if they told you in the interview if you're accepted, thats final. my interviewer told me that i was accepted into first faculty so i assumed it was a final decision and i just have to wait for the official letter. is that not the case? they can change their decision?

My interviewer also said something similar, but I would rather wait patiently than give myself false hopes, but you can proceed with the assumption that you got in, just keep in mind that your admission has not yet been 100% finalized, so it would be better to keep a priority from the acceptances you've received so far and as soon as your first faculty admission is confirmed, you can decide between the two (your priority right now or the first faculty).

Original post by kcrane
Okay, thanks a lot, when i compared the syllabus of lf1 and lfhk, i realised that lfhk syllabus is missing out on a few subjects.. overall, the course at lf1 seems to be more intensive and hence, the greater workload.. at lf1, the exams are harder in some cases and tougher to pass.. only this is making me doubt my decision about lf1.. although, looking at the other side of the coin, the hard way will make us more competent docs!
i was not aware that the drop out rate at HK is nearly same.. thanks!

Yes, you're right, for the same reasons, I think I'd prefer going to the first faculty, because I believe that if I can manage the workload of any other university, I should have enough strength and dedication to also handle the first faculty. My only wish currently is to find good friends who can help each other and motivate so that the first three years pass with less difficulty and well, having friends does alleviate stress and we can always keep each other in check, I think I'll really need that, because tbh, I get distracted and procrastinate a lot. So, maybe we can find people who are going to the first faculty and form a little group which supports each other.
Original post by Yuvraj_Ranawat
I have applied to all of the faculties.

What about you?

i applied to third, got a place and am starting in sept. have you had any exams yet for charles?
Original post by officialhersi
All of them but most likely aiming for first fac or third fac.

hi, im going to third fac in sept. let me know how the exam goes and accommodation.
Original post by smmg28
hey guys next week i’m having my first exam that is palacky next masaryk and on june charles 2nd & 3rd which ever comes out haha any tips?

hi! i got accepted into third. Let me know how the exam goes and accommodation...
Original post by Maryyam Moazzam
hi! i got accepted into third. Let me know how the exam goes and accommodation...

Congratulations Maryyam, How was the exam?
what sort of questions did they ask in the interview? and any tips for me? as my exam, is coming up later this month
(edited 3 years ago)
Congratulations Maryyam, How was the exam?
what sort of questions did they ask in the interview? and any tips for me? as my exam, is coming up later this month

The interview part is nothing to worry about, they are just testing if you can speak english and whether you have any actual interest in studying medicine. Make sure you have some volunteering or work experience you can talk about and general knowledge of medicine. The people are really nice so you'll be fine. For the exam, I used the past papers provided online and pre recorded lectures from an agency i was applying with. They also have the syllabus online so if all else fails, just research those topics. When is your exam for third faculty?
Original post by Maryyam Moazzam
The interview part is nothing to worry about, they are just testing if you can speak english and whether you have any actual interest in studying medicine. Make sure you have some volunteering or work experience you can talk about and general knowledge of medicine. The people are really nice so you'll be fine. For the exam, I used the past papers provided online and pre recorded lectures from an agency i was applying with. They also have the syllabus online so if all else fails, just research those topics. When is your exam for third faculty?

26th of June,hopefully, I have enough time to prepare
Original post by LunShi
Hi! What year are you in?

3rd
Original post by Darth197
3rd

In charles first faculty?
Original post by Anonymous
In charles first faculty?

sorry just read you said Masaryk. How has you're experience doing medicine been so far?
Reply 94
Original post by Darth197
3rd

How are you holding up? Could you tell us something about studying medicine and at Masaryk ?
26th of June,hopefully, I have enough time to prepare

wishing you the best of luck!! Let me know how it goes, we might even end up in the same uni next year!
Reply 96
Hey, I'm a 4th year student at LF1 (first faculty) and if anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
I'd be glad to help.
Original post by TW5897
Hey, I'm a 4th year student at LF1 (first faculty) and if anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
I'd be glad to help.

hey im planning on coming to first faculty this year. How has you're experience been? any tips? what is the student life like?
Reply 98
Well done on getting in!

The experience can be good or bad depending on what you make of it. The first year is generally difficult not just because of the huge jump in the amount of information you have to learn but also because it takes time to adapt to living on your own and everything that comes with that.

You will be studying a lot that's for sure, but if you plan your life reasonably well, you will also certainly have time to enjoy yourself and purse other interests. There are some amazing parties that you won't want to miss.

The city is beautiful and active and you will definitely find things to do outside of studying.

It'd probably be easier answering more specific questions :smile:
Original post by TW5897
Well done on getting in!

The experience can be good or bad depending on what you make of it. The first year is generally difficult not just because of the huge jump in the amount of information you have to learn but also because it takes time to adapt to living on your own and everything that comes with that.

You will be studying a lot that's for sure, but if you plan your life reasonably well, you will also certainly have time to enjoy yourself and purse other interests. There are some amazing parties that you won't want to miss.

The city is beautiful and active and you will definitely find things to do outside of studying.

It'd probably be easier answering more specific questions :smile:

oh okay thats a relief cause everyone says that doing medicine you wont get time to have fun outside like going out with friends.
did you live in a dorm or separate apartment? and what is like the living expenses like? where did u live before prague?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending