The Student Room Group

sick of having braces tbh

so here’s a rant. i’m 18 now and i’ve had braces for about a year and 3 months (i know it’s not as long as others) and honestly i’m fed up with it. every time i go to the orthodontist they say ‘only a couple more appointments’ and i’m sick of waiting coz my next one isn’t until march which seems like ages away. i just hate the fact that i feel insecure smiling/laughing properly and constantly get food stuck in my teeth. also i’ve just been given elastics and this really is the cherry on top of the cake coz 1) they’re so much effort to take out/put in whenever i want to eat (which is all the time), 2) on one of my front brackets they’ve attached a hook which rubs on my mouth constantly and 3) i look like a crackhead with elastic bands in my mouth
obviously there’s nothing i can do about it coz i know it’ll be worth it in the end but i’m still gonna complain
ive had braces for over 3 years now and sorta got used to them. orthodontist keeps saying theyll maybe take it off on the 2nd next appointment but they dont. im not too bothered though, i always forget i even have braces lol. started using the elastics almost a year ago and kept forgetting to use them or that they even exist

also, did they not give u the wax to put on the sharp points? they help a lot
just remember a few more months of pain will turn into a lifetime of a beautiful healthy smile
I find braces on women hot. Just putting that out there.
Had them for just over 3 years and I would say the results are worth it kind of feel like they’re turning back abit tho aha.Its ok dw about it no one really cares! That’s what I found out anyway.You can do this
Reply 5
I feel your pain. I had them for years and hated ever second of it. Partially for all the reasons you have said too. I wish I could tell you itll get better, but it doesnt
Original post by lilTrain
ive had braces for over 3 years now and sorta got used to them. orthodontist keeps saying theyll maybe take it off on the 2nd next appointment but they dont. im not too bothered though, i always forget i even have braces lol. started using the elastics almost a year ago and kept forgetting to use them or that they even exist

also, did they not give u the wax to put on the sharp points? they help a lot

i think they did when i first got them, but my dad must’ve thrown them away or something coz i can’t find them anywhere which is annoying
Original post by izzychloe247
i think they did when i first got them, but my dad must’ve thrown them away or something coz i can’t find them anywhere which is annoying

strange. next.time u go ask for more and hide it from ur dad lol
Like some of the other posts have stated.
You have to look at the wider picture.
When I was younger I wore braces top and bottom for over 2, years, yes there is pain but overall it is worth it, I now have perfect teeth.
You will to given time. X

Quick Reply

Latest