The Student Room Group

My little brother is threatening to kill me.

Okay, so I have a 7-year-old brother who I think needs help. He is aggressive, rude, plays violent video games (for his age) all day, has a very negative attitude, and hates almost everyone and everything. We always got along fine (with some arguments here and there) but withing the recent 2 months its gotten worst. I first noticed how violent he can be when he was 6 and threw a knife at me (it missed) after that it got better but now he is always threatening to kill me and waves knives or scissors in my face. He is very easily angered and once almost tackled a 4-year old for stealing his toy. He yells at my mom when she does something he doesn't like or doesn't do what he says but my parents do nothing because they think this is "normal-boy-growing stuff". I don't know what to do and I don't know if my parents are right.
How old r u? Can't u put him straight?
Reply 2
I have a brother who is 6(7 in April), and I work in a kindergarten so I promise you that is not normal behavior for a child. Without knowing him I would guess and say it’s your parents fault for not raising him right and letting him do everything he wants to, this way he won’t understand that what he is doing is seriously wrong and that can lead to a whole lot of problems in the future :/
I don’t think playing violent video games is okay at that kind of age since playing it MIGHT increase aggression in a person.
Yes, this is believable :tongue:
Original post by LunaToyo98
Okay, so I have a 7-year-old brother who I think needs help. He is aggressive, rude, plays violent video games (for his age) all day, has a very negative attitude, and hates almost everyone and everything. We always got along fine (with some arguments here and there) but withing the recent 2 months its gotten worst. I first noticed how violent he can be when he was 6 and threw a knife at me (it missed) after that it got better but now he is always threatening to kill me and waves knives or scissors in my face. He is very easily angered and once almost tackled a 4-year old for stealing his toy. He yells at my mom when she does something he doesn't like or doesn't do what he says but my parents do nothing because they think this is "normal-boy-growing stuff". I don't know what to do and I don't know if my parents are right.

Your parents are wrong, that is not normal behaviour for a 7 year old.
My first thought after reading that is he could be somewhere on the autistic spectrum, but only a professional psychiatrist can diagnose things like this properly.
Doing nothing is possibly the worst thing they could do. Your brother needs help.
Talk to your parents about your concerns but make sure your brother can't hear you when you have that conversation.
If you don't get anywhere with that, talk to other family members.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending