The Student Room Group

Deferred Entry

Hey,

I initially planned on studying History at University in September, but I've decided to take a year out instead. I've been out of the education system for a long while and only just a few days ago started an Access To Humanities and Social Sciences with the intentions of completing it in June. I've completed by UCAS form, but haven't submitted it yet. I want it referred for another year, but I've read that I'd need to include in my personal statement the reason why i want to take a gap year.

I want to take a gap year because I want to prepare myself properly for University and I don't believe that just 6 months will be enough to properly prepare me. I want to spend an additional 12 months preparing myself.

However, the personal statement has a character limit of 4,000 and there simply wont be enough room to fill in the reasons why I want to take a gap year out, as I've already jotted down 4,000 characters.

Any tips on what to do?

Thankssss
You don’t have to explain your reasons for deferring. If a university is concerned then they’ll ask you for more information
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You don’t have to explain your reasons for deferring. If a university is concerned then they’ll ask you for more information

Thank you so much for your prompt response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending