The Student Room Group

I have failed maths for the 3rd time, what should I do?

I have failed maths for the 3rd time now and I am in complete despair- I only have one chance now and that is to retake it and that is the Summer- I have 4 uni offers (3 conditional one unconditional)- they all require maths (I'm not sure about the unconditional one though), nevertheless I need to pass maths. I have been failing foundation- and I know this sounds crazy but I think this time I should take higher maths
1. There are foundation questions that I will be able to answer
2. The grade difference is crazy for example foundation needed a 142 to pass, whilst higher needed a 43 to pass
I know this sounds crazy and I am probably underestimating how hard it will be but I need to pass- otherwise, my life is over- I'm not trying to sound hyperbolic but it's true, without uni I will be unable to progress in life.
If anyone has gone from foundation to higher, how was it like? Is what I want to do possible?
Original post by Anonymous
I have failed maths for the 3rd time now and I am in complete despair- I only have one chance now and that is to retake it and that is the Summer- I have 4 uni offers (3 conditional one unconditional)- they all require maths (I'm not sure about the unconditional one though), nevertheless I need to pass maths. I have been failing foundation- and I know this sounds crazy but I think this time I should take higher maths
1. There are foundation questions that I will be able to answer
2. The grade difference is crazy for example foundation needed a 142 to pass, whilst higher needed a 43 to pass
I know this sounds crazy and I am probably underestimating how hard it will be but I need to pass- otherwise, my life is over- I'm not trying to sound hyperbolic but it's true, without uni I will be unable to progress in life.
If anyone has gone from foundation to higher, how was it like? Is what I want to do possible?

otherwise, my life is over- really? If you get terminal cancer maybe, but not failing GCSE Maths.

Check with your unis if they will accept functional skills Maths level2. If so do that as well.

If you failed 3 times, then what did you do new each time?
How many past papers under exam conditions?
How many workbooks?
Have you reviewed what sort of questions you are failing and asked the teacher?

I think your idea to do higher is misinformed because the questions will be harder and also v a different spec.

No reason you should fail if you do enough practice and remedy the weaknesses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending