The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 / A108 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A100 / A108 2020 Offer Holders.

GEM A101 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6482914

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

hi :smile: i’m planning on firming nottingham maybe like a 75% chance still not sure tho!
Reply 2
Original post by schoolsuxs
hi :smile: i’m planning on firming nottingham maybe like a 75% chance still not sure tho!

Have you received an offer yet?
I'm also planning on firming Nottingham, just need to wait to hear from my last uni and then I'll be good to go. I feel like I want to go to an offer holder day to be sure though.
Original post by Paupau1
Have you received an offer yet?

yep
Reply 5
Hi there!

I’ve applied for the A108 course at Nottingham and received an offer for BBC (B’s in Bio and Chem and a C in Math)... My current predicted grades are ABB and I’m certain that with a bit of effort I can achieve AAA in my final exams.

I’ve been told by a student who went through the A108 course that student last year who ended up achieving AAA were automatically sent to the 5 year A100 course. Is this still a possibility for 2020?

Also, would I still need AAA to be transferred or could they even transfer me if I achieve AAB? Due to contextual information they are within their rights to offer me AAB rather than AAA which is why I’m asking...

Thanks!
I am sort of in the same position as u! It all depends on if there are spaces on the A100 course and if there are it is a possibility but I would call to ensure they are still prepared to do this. My current predicted grades are AAB so I believe i can achieve 3 A’s or even 2 A’s and a B.. hopefully we achieve the required grades and can move onto the 5 year course if their are spaces
Reply 7
Wait I didnt realise this is for all offer holders, has anyone received one from a101 yet?
Reply 8
Original post by Paupau1
Wait I didnt realise this is for all offer holders, has anyone received one from a101 yet?

Nope, follow the A101 thread for more information. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5964036

Reply 9
I am sort of in the same position as u! It all depends on if there are spaces on the A100 course and if there are it is a possibility but I would call to ensure they are still prepared to do this. My current predicted grades are AAB so I believe i can achieve 3 A’s or even 2 A’s and a B.. hopefully we achieve the required grades and can move onto the 5 year course if their are spaces

Deffo, good luck!
Does anyone know what accommodation they’re going to pick? I was thinking broadgate park but the commute to derby seems a bit long but then derby isn’t a part of Nottingham so it’s gonna be ****
Original post by Thatmedic21
Does anyone know what accommodation they’re going to pick? I was thinking broadgate park but the commute to derby seems a bit long but then derby isn’t a part of Nottingham so it’s gonna be ****

i think i’m going to wait until the offer holder day! to see it for myself physically i haven’t even looked yet oop
i think i’m going to wait until the offer holder day! to see it for myself physically i haven’t even looked yet oop

When is the offer holders day?
I need to reiterate the first post and the official rules of TSR which states no off-site social media group chats are allowed on TSR.

This is for your protection.

When is the offer holders day?

11 & 18th march, 1 & 8 april
Reply 15

The graduate medics normally stay in University of Derby halls but I am a tutor at Broadgate Park so if you have any questions I can most likely answer them for you :smile:
I’m too waiting for offer holder days to see where I’ll be picking my accommodation. I don’t want to feel left out of the whole experience if I’m staying in Derby :s-smilie: but then again is all of A108 foundation based in Derby?
Original post by bathtimecheetah
I’m too waiting for offer holder days to see where I’ll be picking my accommodation. I don’t want to feel left out of the whole experience if I’m staying in Derby :s-smilie: but then again is all of A108 foundation based in Derby?

Nope, only the foundation year is based in Derby, the rest of the 5 years are in Nottingham
Reply 18
I looked at Broadgate Park at it looks really good only 15 mins from the Uni and regular buses. Need to book offer holders day to get a better feel for it. Torn now between Nottingham and Birmingham.
My son had the same dilemma last year! He firmed Birmingham and insured Nottingham - he is at Birmingham and has not regretted it for one minute.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending