The Student Room Group

Accelerated year or foundation year

I don’t have a level 3 qualification and there’s no way I could get it after this, can’t I get into uni by doing an access year or foundation year?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AAJJ
I don’t have a level 3 qualification and there’s no way I could get it after this, can’t I get into uni by doing an accelerated year or foundation year?

Very much depends on the degree in question, what foundation year/access course you have in mind (and also meeting the GCSE pre-requisites)
Reply 2
I’ve got my English gcse alongs with 2 gcses, I was thinking a business course.
Original post by AAJJ
I’ve got my English gcse alongs with 2 gcses, I was thinking a business course.

What I mean is most Unis require 5 GCSEs including English & maths so you may have to fulfil this requirement first.

Plenty of unis have access programs for business bachelors, but you will need to check the individual uni courses you are specifically interested in & what access courses are suitable.
Original post by AAJJ
I don’t have a level 3 qualification and there’s no way I could get it after this, can’t I get into uni by doing an accelerated year or foundation year?

Hey @AAJJ

Apologies as I am not aware of your situation, but have you considered completing an Access Course? Most universities will normally ask for a Level 3 qualification for a Foundation year.

With an Access Course you can usually skip the foundation year out and go straight into First year, however make sure to check that your chosen university accepts this qualification.

Again, I am unaware of your situation so apologies if this is not helpful to you!

Good luck,

Mia
Reply 5
That’s helped a lot, I’ve wrote accelerated instead of access😂. Could you fill me in with more information about access year please
Original post by AAJJ
That’s helped a lot, I’ve wrote accelerated instead of access😂. Could you fill me in with more information about access year please

Haha, no problem!

An Access year is the equivalent of any other Level 3 qualification. The courses are specifically designed so that if you have been out of education for a while it will provide you with a good foundation of knowledge and the skills required for university.

The fees are set by colleges so the costs can vary depending on where you study. You can find out more about the fees and what funding is available here.

All the relevant information can be found here!

Good luck:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending