The Student Room Group

Reapplying the university I was previously rejected

Hi, I was rejected on the fist attempt for postgraduate due to my poor performance on my compulsory modules and I'm planning to reapply this year, should I mention it on my personal statement?
Reply 1
Original post by Sociologistprep
Hi, I was rejected on the fist attempt for postgraduate due to my poor performance on my compulsory modules and I'm planning to reapply this year, should I mention it on my personal statement?

I am not much of a a guru in that area but I would suggest that you don't

You shouldn’t refer to previous applications in your PS. Your PS should be about why you want to study that course.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you previous applied and did not receive an offer, (which would be fine to reapply), or that you were previously enrolled on a course of study and did not complete it due to your performance in compulsory modules?
Original post by PQ
You shouldn’t refer to previous applications in your PS. Your PS should be about why you want to study that course.

Thanks very much
Original post by Admit-One
Just to be clear, are you saying that you previous applied and did not receive an offer, (which would be fine to reapply), or that you were previously enrolled on a course of study and did not complete it due to your performance in compulsory modules?

Previously applied but did not receive an offer, but this year I managed to build on my CV, so I thought there might be still a chance. But I'm not sure could I use it as a evidence for my passion for the course in personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending