The Student Room Group

None stop farting for 3 days???

Whats going on? and its not like a small fart they are rotten. I even had to light scented candles to mask the smell but my gf still noticed the room smelt of “ass”. Dont get me wrong Im loving every minute of it and it will help me sleep tonight but not sure why its happening, tempted to ring the out of hours doctor.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

book an appointment just in case if its something really bad
Reply 2
go have a farty party 🥳
Reply 3
****, some people on this site are so gross
What have you eaten?
Have you ever had symptoms of ibs?
And there’s a bug going round
Sounds to me, you need a bottom oscopy.
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Whats going on? and its not like a small fart they are rotten. I even had to light scented candles to mask the smell but my gf still noticed the room smelt of “ass”. Dont get me wrong Im loving every minute of it and it will help me sleep tonight but not sure why its happening, tempted to ring the out of hours doctor.

I too have periods where I have constant magical-smelling flatulence, and didn’t exactly know why until I was recently diagnosed with IBS

If it’s a frequent thing, and/or you have other symptoms including but not limited to stomach pain; bloating; bouts of constipation/diarrhoea that come and go; and potentially even severe acid indigestion (like in my case) then you should go to the doctor
Reply 7

You could be lactose intolerant?
Original post by Ciel.
****, some people on this site are so gross

There’s nothing ‘gross’ about discussing natural bodily processes which could signify something more; it’s no more ‘gross’ than, for example, discussing sex or a woman discussing her period, so why overreact?

Shaming people about things like this is what prevented me from going to the doctor myself, and it consequently drove me into having some pretty bad mental problems; I know I’m not the only male to have similar experiences because of similar things
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Kian Stevens
There’s nothing ‘gross’ about discussing natural bodily processes which could signify something more; it’s no more ‘gross’ than, for example, discussing sex or a woman discussing her period, so why overreact?

Shaming people about things like this is what prevented me from going to the doctor myself, and it consequently drove me into some pretty severe mental issues

of course it's gross. comparing it to sex or periods is silly. and you having a similar issue doesn't make it any less gross, so stop trying to convince yourself otherwise. btw, i honestly doubt that was what "drove you into some pretty severe mental issues." what are they then? i'm dying to know.
Original post by Ciel.
of course it's gross. you having a similar issue doesn't make it any less gross, so stop trying to convince yourself otherwise. and i honestly doubt that was what "drove you into some pretty severe mental issues." what are they then? i'm dying to know.

Well, no it’s not gross to discuss these things; tell me why you think it is?

And of course it was, do you know me better than I know myself?
For the past year or so I’ve been a pretty bad hypochondriac, which sounds rather trivial on the surface, but it really did drive me to having bad anxiety (especially in the last few periods before my final diagnosis) and it put me in a really bad way in terms of my relationship with family and friends, which I will openly admit to
I shouldn’t have to divulge the entirety of my mental health history to you, just for you to assess it and tell me whether it meets your arbitrary standards, because I know that’s what you’re trying to do

Well done for coming across as an insensitive person
Original post by Kian Stevens

Shaming people about things like this is what prevented me from going to the doctor myself, and it consequently drove me into having some pretty bad mental problems; I know I’m not the only male to have similar experiences because of similar things

eugh periods :yucky:
Original post by Ciel.
of course it's gross. comparing it to sex or periods is silly. and you having a similar issue doesn't make it any less gross, so stop trying to convince yourself otherwise. btw, i honestly doubt that was what "drove you into some pretty severe mental issues." what are they then? i'm dying to know.

Bare in mind there are people who find farting a turn on
Reply 13
Bare in mind there are people who find farting a turn on

and there are people who find **** a turn on, ugh. humanity is doomed.
Original post by Ciel.
and there are people who find **** a turn on, ugh. humanity is doomed.

:biggrin:
back on form tonight ciel x
Reply 15
Original post by Sammylou40
:biggrin:
back on form tonight ciel x

lol 🙈

Your gf secretly blows air in their when your sleeping. :eek:
It could be something to do with what or when your eat.
I would go and see a doctor.
I'm sure he would prescribe you a kite for your wind!!!!!
Original post by Karisa96
I would go and see a doctor.
I'm sure he would prescribe you a kite for your wind!!!!!

Crying
Lay off the beans

Quick Reply

Latest