The Student Room Group

I want to go and drive in the snow :(

But my RWD car doesn't, it's maddening :frown:
Reply 1
I want to go and drive in the snow but we just haven't had any!
Where is there snow ??
Glasgow....although it's being somewhat erratic...sunny now, blizzard half an hour ago.
Driving in the snow is scary though
Original post by Wooord
Driving in the snow is scary though

Kind of why I wanted to go and play in it :biggrin:

Not at any speed, just a dawdle around the neighbourhood, as it was I went for a drive in the slush, which was as much fun as it sounds.
AWD is cooler :colone:
Enter Rally Sweden this weekend. 😂
Original post by RoyalSheepy
AWD is cooler :colone:

Yep, a 4WD with good ground clearance and winter tyres is the way to go in British snow.

Only thing is, all the roads get blocked by 2WD's with summer tyres on.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger

Only thing is, all the roads get sexed up by 2WD's with whore tyres on.

Fixed.
This time last year I had a Vitara with all terrain tyres on it. Had absolutely no issues in the snow - went straight up the steep hill by our house in 4HI which had six or seven FWD cars abandoned hap-hazardly at the bottom.

I loved the utility of a 4x4 - the fuel economy sucked though..

Imperzas/Evos go crazy in the snow... when they aren't being flagged down by women who thought their Nissan Juke is a dakar spec off roader and tried to drive through 2 feet of snow.
Original post by StriderHort
But my RWD car doesn't, it's maddening :frown:

Winter tyres. :wink:

What car is it?
Original post by LeMansClivey
Winter tyres. :wink:

What car is it?

I know I know, I'm putting that off for £££ reasons, had to spend a lot on engine parts and tools the last month :/ (I may actually try and ride it out , winters almost over anyway). It's a wee 2.3 supercharged SLK I've picked up with millennium era traction systems :tongue:
Original post by StriderHort
I know I know, I'm putting that off for £££ reasons, had to spend a lot on engine parts and tools the last month :/ (I may actually try and ride it out , winters almost over anyway). It's a wee 2.3 supercharged SLK I've picked up with millennium era traction systems :tongue:

Where I live there's not been enough snow this winter to actually affect anything. Flooding, however...
You can drive rwd in snow.

The issue is the other idiots on the road who do not know how to drive.
I refuse to drive in the snow since I got rear ended by a complete moron and had my lovely 328i written off.

Annoying thing is he was in a awd jeep....
Unless you are happy to risk being crashed into don't drive in the snow.

Seriously there are complete morons out there. Fyi I was stationary when he hit me as well to make it worse.
Original post by LeMansClivey
Where I live there's not been enough snow this winter to actually affect anything. Flooding, however...

Yeah I got like 2 days of snow :tongue: Kind of glad I didn't end up getting winter tyres.

Flooding/road damage has been utterly mental though, starting to see plenty 'puddles' in roads big enough to make me turn back. Dunno what my cars fording ability is, but i suspect 'little'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending