The Student Room Group
Take a break from religion and see the world through the eyes of an atheist or agnostic for a bit and see if you like it better.
Original post by Muhammad zach
Ive been having alot of regrets recently about my religion and I have started to lose faith in what I believe. My best option would be to stay but what if I live my life knowing I dont truly believe in it . What do I do?

May I know why you are having that much regrets about your religion?
By your name, it is quite easy to understand that you are Muslim and being a catholic I will recommend you that if you are losing faith from your religion then you must try to read the religious scripture that might help you to get your trust back on god because converting to another religion or becoming an atheist would not help and it is not a solution as well until or unless you didn't get the truth in your heart.
So first start reading your own religious scripture and if it does not help you then do your research over some other religion until or unless you find the truth I mean you find god.
(edited 4 years ago)
Religion is all about personal faith and beliefs.
How you choose to interpret your faith and whether you want to practice any religion is up to you.

Life is all about increasing your knowledge, choosing your personal beliefs & ambitions and doing as much good in the world as you can.
It is up to you if you want to convert to another religion or religious sect, become an atheist or explore many different religious teachings to help you choose what you believe in.
Good luck!
Remember your roots. Re-read the Quran. Study the sunnah of our Holy Prophet. Remind yourself of the beauty of Islam.

I have been in your position before, I’ve done many horrible sins that I deeply regret. I know The Almighy is the most Merciful, so it’s never too late to come back.

Salam.
Ive been having alot of regrets recently about my religion and I have started to lose faith in what I believe. My best option would be to stay but what if I live my life knowing I dont truly believe in it . What do I do?

May I ask which religion? And what are the regrets? Maybe we can remove any doubts and questions from there?

Brother the Koran says "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.", Quran 2:256
So if you want to convert in religion just because you have some doubts so you may PM me and if you really want to clear your doubts before converting into other religion I will help you to clear your doubts.
Original post by young Mind
Brother the Koran says "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.", Quran 2:256
So if you want to convert in religion just because you have some doubts so you may PM me and if you really want to clear your doubts before converting into other religion I will help you to clear your doubts.

Religion is based on faith, i.e. belief without evidence, so how can you remove doubt?

If there is no compulsion in religion:
1. Why does Allah threaten torture?
2. Why are you trying to keep them? (Assuming that the religion in question is Islam)

Why is your best option to stay, if you don't believe it?
(edited 4 years ago)
if you dont have faith anymore in that religion then you are no longer part of that religion, regardless of whether you realize that or if other people know/dont know, you are not in that religion anymore. trying to keep on going with it will just be an act.
Original post by exams6700
I would disagree. It is okay for one to have doubts because that is a test in itself. Shaytaan will come and create doubts but it is up to you to stop them getting to you and find the answers to the doubts. So no you haven't lost faith, it's just a matter of finding the right answers

op already said that they are already losing faith.....

Just leave religion all to together tbh trust me It'll do you some good? (Or at least take a break from it)? But IDK to me leave seems like the best option
Original post by Gent2324
op already said that they are already losing faith.....

Yes, they may be losing it, but it's not completely lost. The path of losing faith is a test as I said. It's about having hope and not losing hope as in Quran Allah say "he found you lost and guided you".
Yes, they may be losing it, but it's not completely lost. The path of losing faith is a test as I said. It's about having hope and not losing hope as in Quran Allah say "he found you lost and guided you".

the quran quotes are irrelevant if whats happening is losing faith in the quran itself.
if you are losing faith in a belief, then you dont believe it. theres no test or ambiguity. you dont believe it, you should question yourself why that is the case, not the book that you dont believe in anymore.

why would OP care about that quote if they dont have faith in it?
Shaytaan will come and create doubts but it is up to you to stop them getting to you and find the answers to the doubts.

You have ZERO evidence for that, or Islam's other claims. It's entirely reasonable to have doubts when there's NO evidence!
(edited 4 years ago)
Where does Allah threaten to torture?

In Jahannam - Islam's hell.

And the reason to keep is because in Islam we are brothers and sisters, a community. When one is troubled then the rest are troubled. So it is up to us to remove this persons doubts and help them feel ease

How are you going to remove doubt, when you have no evidence? Hence the claim of torture - to coerce.

Latest

Trending

Trending