The Student Room Group

Why am I incapable of finding a man?

I know I sound desperate when I type this but I just don’t get how I am meant to be alone. I’m 25, have a bachelors, own a condo and have a decent job. I don’t think I look overweight & I try to take care or my appearance. So why can’t I find a man? I’ve tried the apps on and off for years. I always attract what I don’t want. And what I do want: doesn’t like me back, only wants casual or is a total jerk. I’m told I’m nice so what gives? I have no friends either. I’m pretty easy going and feel like I have been able to accomplish what I want out of life, for the exception of a social life and good boyfriend. I am very distrusting of people in general, due to my bad experiences. I don’t think I’m overly picky and have every right to standards. I see people bigger and uglier or average looking, capable of finding a partner that I find appealing. I was fatter and didn’t get attention, I’m smaller now and still alone. I don’t message guys too often on the app, when I do make the first move, it doesn’t work out. Am I the problem (clearly not)?
Reply 1
Oh fine, I'll move in to your condo (so american) and pretend to be your bf.
Original post by Anonymous
I know I sound desperate when I type this but I just don’t get how I am meant to be alone. I’m 25, have a bachelors, own a condo and have a decent job. I don’t think I look overweight & I try to take care or my appearance. So why can’t I find a man? I’ve tried the apps on and off for years. I always attract what I don’t want. And what I do want: doesn’t like me back, only wants casual or is a total jerk. I’m told I’m nice so what gives? I have no friends either. I’m pretty easy going and feel like I have been able to accomplish what I want out of life, for the exception of a social life and good boyfriend. I am very distrusting of people in general, due to my bad experiences. I don’t think I’m overly picky and have every right to standards. I see people bigger and uglier or average looking, capable of finding a partner that I find appealing. I was fatter and didn’t get attention, I’m smaller now and still alone. I don’t message guys too often on the app, when I do make the first move, it doesn’t work out. Am I the problem (clearly not)?

Have you got a photo, pm and ill tell you?
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t think I’m overly picky and have every right to standards.

If you weren't overly picky, you wouldn't have felt the need to open this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending