The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

bengalisoldier
I apply it on online give them my cv it said on there website you get paid up to £6.24 that's pretty good for an hour.

You only get paid £6.24 if you've been working there for months and that's after the 3 month probationary period. Otherwise you start on minimum wage.
calumcvet
You only get paid £6.24 if you've been working there for months and that's after the 3 month probationary period. Otherwise you start on minimum wage.

Right, so i have just send my cv to them and do you know how long will it take them to replies to me? :biggrin:
bengalisoldier
Right, so i have just send my cv to them and do you know how long will it take them to replies to me? :biggrin:

Depends what you've applied for...have you just applied for the "Nationwide" Casual Sales Assistant job or is it for a new store? If its for a new store they should be in touch within a week :smile: Good luck, its got to be one of the most tedious, craply paid jobs out there, no joke!
Reply 103
Hi, i went for an interview on friday at 5.30 for a casual sales assistant. they had 5 job spaces avaiable and 15 applicant.
Once the interview had finished, the interviewer told me that they would usually contact people within 24hours to let them know if they were succesfull or not, but because saturday and sunday are not working days, he would contact me on monday at around 5.30.
However, i waited all day anticipating a hpone call, but never recieved one. does anyone have a clue what could be happening? thanks.
I've Quit Woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freeeeeeeeddddddddddoooooooooommmmmmmmm :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
irfanl123
Hi, i went for an interview on friday at 5.30 for a casual sales assistant. they had 5 job spaces avaiable and 15 applicant.
Once the interview had finished, the interviewer told me that they would usually contact people within 24hours to let them know if they were succesfull or not, but because saturday and sunday are not working days, he would contact me on monday at around 5.30.
However, i waited all day anticipating a hpone call, but never recieved one. does anyone have a clue what could be happening? thanks.

Hey, I'd wait a bit longer if I were you, communication isn't one of Sports Direct's strong points from my experience...

I've just resigned from my job there today lol (excellent timing too, just got a phone call from my local Burton store for an interview for a weekend job yay!!!), but I resigned on the basis that their communication was crap and that I got zero clarity on when I was meant to be working.. But yeah, when I first got the job it took a week for the store manager to ring me up and say when I started, not good lol.

don't sweat if you haven't got the job, its not going to be a great loss. What you should do, and is an excellent thing to do as I've just found out, is print tons of copies of your CV and just go around all the stores you deem fit to work in in Leeds (there's a Harvey Nichols there if I'm right? go for it if you're feeling ambitious :biggrin: ), I know there's LOADS of shops there because I've been there a couple of times, so go for it! :smile: . It honestly works, even though I handed my CV in to Burton in June, they do keep it on file and be showing your face it shows you're determined to work!
calumcvet
Depends what you've applied for...have you just applied for the "Nationwide" Casual Sales Assistant job or is it for a new store? If its for a new store they should be in touch within a week :smile: Good luck, its got to be one of the most tedious, craply paid jobs out there, no joke!

really, but i don't care cos i never get bored of working rather then staying in home :biggrin:
Reply 107
calumcvet
Hey, I'd wait a bit longer if I were you, communication isn't one of Sports Direct's strong points from my experience...

I've just resigned from my job there today lol (excellent timing too, just got a phone call from my local Burton store for an interview for a weekend job yay!!!), but I resigned on the basis that their communication was crap and that I got zero clarity on when I was meant to be working.. But yeah, when I first got the job it took a week for the store manager to ring me up and say when I started, not good lol.

don't sweat if you haven't got the job, its not going to be a great loss. What you should do, and is an excellent thing to do as I've just found out, is print tons of copies of your CV and just go around all the stores you deem fit to work in in Leeds (there's a Harvey Nichols there if I'm right? go for it if you're feeling ambitious :biggrin: ), I know there's LOADS of shops there because I've been there a couple of times, so go for it! :smile: . It honestly works, even though I handed my CV in to Burton in June, they do keep it on file and be showing your face it shows you're determined to work!

ah right, thanks. well i live in huddersfield, and sports direct is the only real place where they would offer you a job, and this would be my first legit job, other than work expirience. i dont know where else i could get a job lol.
bengalisoldier
really, but i don't care cos i never get bored of working rather then staying in home :biggrin:

aah yes but at least at home you can do what you want and not have to stand around for 4 hours doing nothing :P
irfanl123
ah right, thanks. well i live in huddersfield, and sports direct is the only real place where they would offer you a job, and this would be my first legit job, other than work expirience. i dont know where else i could get a job lol.

Aah, I've been to Huddersfield quite a few times to see Carlisle play at the Galpharm :smile: Fair dos, I don't know what shops are there lol. Have you tried ringing around stores though and handing in your CV? Better bet, even if it might take some time for you to get offered an interview for a job - 2 months in my case lol
calumcvet
aah yes but at least at home you can do what you want and not have to stand around for 4 hours doing nothing :P

oh ok lol but dont worry.
Reply 111
What would be acceptable to wear for the interview?
Reply 112
calumcvet
Aah did you do the Next Sale? Hectic or what lol

You don't actually do any work lol, that's why it's tedious and boring. Seriously, you might think 4 hours goes by in a flash, but it doesn't, seems like a whole day for me... If you're lucky and your manager is a) sound or b) a ******* who never leaves his office/never comes in (like mine) then you could spend the 4 hours chatting to your mates, but thats only is there are no supervisors around (like in my store, its new and we have no supervisors or anything, just a manager).

Seriously, the shifts are only like 4 hours, and if you're 16/17 like me, its not worth the £3.53 per hour (minimum wage).

I've been there 3 weeks, and I'm handing in my resignation this week - I've been yelled at for not being in work even though I'd booked holiday dates off a week in advance, half the people who were at the induction have left, pay is crap, I'm not actually on the staff rota so I have no shifts for this week... They're messing me around, and I'm not getting paid, so I'm off! Trouble is its going to feck up chances of me getting other jobs especially if they phone for a reference bcos the manager's never been in when i've been working...

Its up to you though, there are much better jobs out there, but if you are THAT desperate for a job and are prepared to work for very little, then go for it, at least you'll have your mates to doss around with :smile:

OMD....I start tomorrow and I think I want to leave. Lol. Have you left yet?
jazzy_246
OMD....I start tomorrow and I think I want to leave. Lol. Have you left yet?

Lol woops sorry.. If you're with your mates it should be alright! Yeah I left two weeks ago :smile: been a good decision, looking back the job was really stressing me out badly, and what with not getting the AS Level results I need and gf problems, I'm stressed enough right now!!! got an interview for a job at Schuh tomorrow though, fingers crossed :smile:
I sacked my interview yesterday for Sports Direct. Heard faaar too many bad points about working there.
I have been invited to a recruitement day on Monday and am pretty nervous since it's my first job interview. I've read through this entire thread and am kind of worried. I don't mind the hours and the pay but don't think I'd really fit in there. I have no interest in sports (the odd game of FIFA maybe) and am a self confessed super-nerd. I have loads of odd little 'quirks' that convince me Sports Direct isn't right for me. I'm in my second year of college studying film, media and graphics and have every intention of going to University and studying Media (for which I got an A). I guess you could pretty much say I have a limited social life and a very small circle of friends. Most of my time is spent in front of a PC screen. On top of all that I'm a Pakistani closet agnostic. I can see the interview not going too well.

But then again I am really desperate for a job at the moment as I'm saving up to start driving soon.
Reply 116
Hey....Im just wondering ive jst received the job for casual sales assistant with sports direct, does anyone know if you get paid weekly or monthly??

Thanks
Emma
xxxx
Reply 117
Heyy ive just recently got a job working with sports direct as a casual sales assistant xmas temps...im just wondering if you get paid weekly or monthly?? as i really need the cash for xmas nd be able to get xmas pressies in....

thanks
Emma
xxxx
Reply 118
Monthly.
Reply 119
bex285
Monthly.

Have you worked there before leek??

Damn was hoping it would be weekly! nvm
But thanks anywayss :smile:

Quick Reply