The Student Room Group

Waiting/réserve list help

Hello!
So I got a waiting list email from Glasgow Uni, I am just looking for some help and info as the email was quite vague
I am wondering when we tend to find out if we got a place?
Also how does funding work, as if I am not attending this year I am rejecting my back ups anyway so won’t be applying for funding & I would reapply next year

I hope someone can help
Thanks x
Original post by weecloud
Hello!
So I got a waiting list email from Glasgow Uni, I am just looking for some help and info as the email was quite vague
I am wondering when we tend to find out if we got a place?
Also how does funding work, as if I am not attending this year I am rejecting my back ups anyway so won’t be applying for funding & I would reapply next year

I hope someone can help
Thanks x

Firstly, good luck! I know how it feels to be waiting on one uni which you want the most 😱

If you completed and sent in your UCAS application, universities have to reply by 6th May. This is the absolute latest date, however many unis reply long before then.

If you get accepted this year, you’ll have to make a SFE application in a couple months time, I think, by 31st May. If you decide to reapply next year, you won’t have to apply for finance until this time next year :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
Firstly, good luck! I know how it feels to be waiting on one uni which you want the most 😱

If you completed and sent in your UCAS application, universities have to reply by 6th May. This is the absolute latest date, however many unis reply long before then.

If you get accepted this year, you’ll have to make a SFE application in a couple months time, I think, by 31st May. If you decide to reapply next year, you won’t have to apply for finance until this time next year :smile:

This was so helpful! Thank you so much, it’s definitely reduced my nerves a bit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending