The Student Room Group

choosing between two unis

I've narrowed my uni offers down to those from Bristol and Leeds, both for Economics & Finance with a Year Abroad. Bristol is asking ABB and Leeds AAA but is also offering a £2000 scholarship however I know that Bristol has a better reputation and employment opportunities. Both courses look great for me, I liked both unis when I visited them and both have the nightlife I'm looking for. Is there anything that I could use to help choose between them or anything else to consider? What helped you choose one over the other? thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by wmclt
I've narrowed my uni offers down to those from Bristol and Leeds, both for Economics & Finance with a Year Abroad. Bristol is asking ABB and Leeds AAA but is also offering a £2000 scholarship however I know that Bristol has a better reputation and employment opportunities. Both courses look great for me, I liked both unis when I visited them and both have the nightlife I'm looking for. Is there anything that I could use to help choose between them or anything else to consider? What helped you choose one over the other? thanks in advance

Look at criteria for the scholarship and if you meet it, it might not be a guaranteed one. Also look at travel expenses and how convenient/easy the routes are for you to travel home as well as to any cities you might want to visit e.g. London, livings costs, rent prices for accommodation every year, any extra bursaries/grants they offer. I thought Leeds accommodation was pretty expensive for the sizes of the rooms, but that's just my opinion. I think it would be smart to pjut Bristol as your insurance and Leeds as your firm, since your insurance is supposed to be lower grades anyway.
Original post by wmclt

Hi @wmclt

Something that you could do is spend a weekend in both cities to see which area you prefer. For me anyway, one of the biggest factors in doing well in my US was feeling comfortable in the city I studied in. For me, Liverpool felt like home and thus I was happy. This meant I could be more focused when doing work.

Hope this helps
Dom :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending