The Student Room Group

I just feel like no one understands me.

Deleted
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi there. I’m so sorry your family aren’t supportive of how you’re feeling. It’s sad, but quite often legitimate mental health problems in teens can go overlooked because it’s seen as just “a phase” or “being a teenager”. If you’re genuinely struggling, you have a couple of options, so don’t feel lost yet. I don’t know what year of education you’re in (if you are in education) but see if there’s anyone you can go and see in your school for pastoral support, hopefully they can direct you to some form of counselling. It’s daunting, but you have to tell someone! Also, there’s free resources online that can offer some counselling- I’ve heard Kooth is good. Personally never tried it myself, but it was advertised to me during sixth form and it looked like it offered a lot of good support. Please don’t worry! You’re not alone, try and make your friends aware that you’re struggling and get a good support network. Stay strong!
Pavlov's dog's.

If your parents were to fuss round you every time you cried, they'd be training you up to expect a reward every time you cried.
Which would make the habit of you crying even more entrenched.

What your parents are trying to do is to train you that crying doesn't bring any rewards.
If something doesn't bring you rewards, why do it?

You being miserable and taking a negative view on things isn't doing you any good.

Try being positive about... EVERYTHING!
Try putting a positive spin on everything. As an experiment to see how things work out for you.
I'm confident you'll like the results that come from being a lot more positive than you have been.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending