The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Wrong University!

I applied for student finance because I wanted to get my application in early. My parents have also sent off their details. At one of the stages, obviously you have to pick a university that you'd be attending. I picked a university but I'm fairly sure I will not be attending that university. I have not picked a firm choice and won't pick one until later this or next month when all my choices have come through and I've gone to their open days etc.

Is there a deadline to submit the change of circumstances form (as they won't let me change the university online)?

Can you submit a change of circumstances form as much as possible?

Have I messed up?

Once my parents have submitted their financial details, is my application "locked" for change meaning I'm stuck with the university I've submitted?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by yotsr123
I applied for student finance because I wanted to get my application in early. My parents have also sent off their details. At one of the stages, obviously you have to pick a university that you'd be attending. I picked a university but I'm fairly sure I will not be attending that university. I have not picked a firm choice and won't pick one until later this or next month when all my choices have come through and I've gone to their open days etc.

Is there a deadline to submit the change of circumstances form (as they won't let me change the university online)?

Can you submit a change of circumstances form as much as possible?

Have I messed up?

Once my parents have submitted their financial details, is my application "locked" for change meaning I'm stuck with the university I've submitted?

Thanks

We had an assembly about this recently at school. Essentially you are meant to put down the university you are going to attend most likely. But obviously this can change depending on results. I don’t think it is too much of a big deal if the univertsy is wrong. Perhaps email SFE to check?
You should be able to amend this online, I'm not sure why this isn't working for you. Have your parents submitted their financial information and have you received a letter confirming your finance is set up?

Don't forget that lots of people change universities after results so you haven't messed up - lots of people go through this process.
Reply 3
If you are still unsure what to do you can phone Student Finance England on 0300 100 0607 and they will tell you how to fix things.
Reply 4
Original post by thegalaxy
You should be able to amend this online, I'm not sure why this isn't working for you. Have your parents submitted their financial information and have you received a letter confirming your finance is set up?

Don't forget that lots of people change universities after results so you haven't messed up - lots of people go through this process.

I read that once you've submitted your application you can't amend anything online anymore, you have to send through post a change of circumstances form.
Yes, my parents have submitted their info.... I just need to be certain that I can still change the university that I put down at first on SFE.
Reply 5
Hi guys
Just as an update I've given student finance a call and this has been cleared up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending