The Student Room Group

Parents included in Student Finance

Hi guys,

I am going to Univeristy in September and I am currently applying for student finance.

I just wanted to know on the 'about me' section on the student finance application online, it asks me do I live with my parents which for is that I live with my mum and Step dad (who are not married).

Then it asks me if I live with either: My mother, My father or both parents. Would I say my mother or both parents even though he isn't my actual biological dad? I am guessing to put down both parents because it involves both their annual income to make up the household income needed for my maintenance loan.

Hope someone can help me.
Attachment not found

That's all it gives for the options.
(edited 4 years ago)
Don't know why that photo posted so many times lol
Original post by CHICOTIME2015
Hi guys,

I am going to Univeristy in September and I am currently applying for student finance.

I just wanted to know on the 'about me' section on the student finance application online, it asks me do I live with my parents which for is that I live with my mum and Step dad (who are not married).

Then it asks me if I live with either: My mother, My father or both parents. Would I say my mother or both parents even though he isn't my actual biological dad? I am guessing to put down both parents because it involves both their annual income to make up the household income needed for my maintenance loan.

Hope someone can help me.

Hi there,

We recommend indicating that you live with your Mother. This means that we'll ask for her and your Stepdad's income details. We then wouldn't require the income details of your biological father.

Thanks,
Chanel
Well to tell you the truth I I previously cancelled a previous application because I chose the Mother option. This is because my mum said that the email only asked for her annual income and not the household income. But will there actually be an option to include her partner's income on there as well?

Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi there,

We recommend indicating that you live with your Mother. This means that we'll ask for her and your Stepdad's income details. We then wouldn't require the income details of your biological father.

Thanks,
Chanel
Original post by CHICOTIME2015
Well to tell you the truth I I previously cancelled a previous application because I chose the Mother option. This is because my mum said that the email only asked for her annual income and not the household income. But will there actually be an option to include her partner's income on there as well?

Yes, that's correct.

If your Mother's partner can't complete his income details online then he can complete a PFF2 paper form, which can be found here: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2021/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2021_o.pdf.

Thanks,
Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending