The Student Room Group

Student finance self-support income

Student finance is requesting my income for last 3 years and I don’t know what I should tell them and what will happen

I’m 18, last years used to live with parents, but now came as a refugee to the uk alone and don't receive any support from them. I can only provide last half of year income (last half of year being in uk). Before this, I had no documentation and had no income at all.

What I should do?
Original post by bohdan13484
Student finance is requesting my income for last 3 years and I don’t know what I should tell them and what will happen

I’m 18, last years used to live with parents, but now came as a refugee to the uk alone and don't receive any support from them. I can only provide last half of year income (last half of year being in uk). Before this, I had no documentation and had no income at all.

What I should do?

Hi there,

Is this so you can apply as an Independent student? So, are you being asked to show your income for 3 years prior to the start of your course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Is this so you can apply as an Independent student? So, are you being asked to show your income for 3 years prior to the start of your course?

Thanks, Graeme

yes
yes

Hi Bohdan,

Is it impossible for your parents to support your application with their income details? Is so, we would require evidence of your circumstances from a professional person including an explanation as to where your parents are living and why it is impractical or dangerous for your parents to send you money or contact. You should also include a cover letter explaining the situation.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Bohdan,

Is it impossible for your parents to support your application with their income details? Is so, we would require evidence of your circumstances from a professional person including an explanation as to where your parents are living and why it is impractical or dangerous for your parents to send you money or contact. You should also include a cover letter explaining the situation.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Yes, that’s impossible because I’m not in close contact with them anymore. Who could be this professional person and where can I find them?
Thanks
Yes, that’s impossible because I’m not in close contact with them anymore. Who could be this professional person and where can I find them?
Thanks

Hi bohdan13484,

This would be a 3rd party professional person who is aware of your circumstances such as a lecturer, GP, police officer, dentist etc.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending