The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Uni of Reading 2020

Anyone at or going to uni of Reading? I’ve applied for English and theatre and have an offer but I’m still not 100%, love the sound of the course but not sure about the uni itself. Any insight would be appreciated :smile: would be amazing to find someone doing this/ a similar course.
Reply 1
When you visit (there's an open day for science tomorrow) you must go to the lake to see the Egyptian ducklings and cygnet. Sit in the Students' Union and look out onto greenery... There is a new library... The campus is lovely, green with trees. There are buses from campus into town if you do not fancy the walk. Apply on time and you are guaranteed a place in hall. It is a nice place to chill. Visiting is the way to make your mind up. As you can tell, the campus was the deciding factor! I cannot give you any info about your course but I love the campus! Good luck!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nut tree
When you visit (there's an open day for science tomorrow) you must go to the lake to see the Egyptian ducklings and cygnet. Sit in the Students' Union and look out onto greenery... There is a new library... The campus is lovely, green with trees. There are buses from campus into town if you do not fancy the walk. Apply on time and you are guaranteed a place in hall. It is a nice place to chill. Visiting is the way to make your mind up. As you can tell, the campus was the deciding factor! I cannot give you any info about your course but I love the campus! Good luck!

Awe thanks so much for this. When I went to the open day it was raining so didn’t see a lot and the campus was a bit depressing so it’s good to hear it can be really nice there
Original post by wordsandroses
Awe thanks so much for this. When I went to the open day it was raining so didn’t see a lot and the campus was a bit depressing so it’s good to hear it can be really nice there

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear it was raining on your open day. If we could choose the weather we'd always make sure the sun was shining.
I completely agree with Nut tree, Campus is absolutely beautiful with the trees, green space and all the wildlife. I love that it's so relaxing, particularly around the lake and the Harris garden. The fact that pretty much everything you need is on campus makes it feel like a mini community within Reading.
The rest of Reading is also nice, particularly as there's all the shops and eateries you could need in the town - which you can get to using the fantastic bus service, there's also plenty of nightlife and great connections to other places via train which make great day trips out.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about Reading feel free to drop us a message.

Emma
4th Year Chemistry Student and Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending