The Student Room Group

Midwifery

Is mentioning ‘one born every minute’ in midwifery personal statement a no go?
Reply 1
Original post by N478

absolutely a no go.... I went to an open day at birmigham and they said it as the example of tv shows not to mention in your personal statement. along with call the midwife
Reply 2
Original post by N478

I would definitely avoid mentioning that yes!! Maybe you could mention some literature that you have read and taken an interest in ie- delivering expectations 2020
Reply 3
Original post by N478

You can watch the like of" one baby born every minute" and also Emma Willis - delivering babies " and other related TV programs to give you a insight on what midwifery is about.

I wouldn't recommend you write anything in your personal statement about it.

I know that every university will be different in what they will allow you to write or even say at interview.

Concentrate on writing about why you want to be a midwife, and if any sort of experience you done.

NHS registered midwife.
Reply 4
Original post by Jenny0203
absolutely a no go.... I went to an open day at birmigham and they said it as the example of tv shows not to mention in your personal statement. along with call the midwife

Thank you so much!!
Reply 5
Original post by Tracey_W
You can watch the like of" one baby born every minute" and also Emma Willis - delivering babies " and other related TV programs to give you a insight on what midwifery is about.

I wouldn't recommend you write anything in your personal statement about it.

I know that every university will be different in what they will allow you to write or even say at interview.

Concentrate on writing about why you want to be a midwife, and if any sort of experience you done.

NHS registered midwife.

Thank you so much!!
Reply 6
Original post by N478
Thank you so much!!

You are so welcome 🤗🤗
Original post by N478

Hello @N478 [br] [br] I am a third year student midwife and I really wouldn’t mention one born every minute, haha. It’s not really the reality of being a midwife; the only time I’d say you can get away with it a little bit is by recognising that you know one born every minute isn’t an accurate representation of current day midwifery etc.

Kind regards
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Reply 8
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello @N478 [br] [br] I am a third year student midwife and I really wouldn’t mention one born every minute, haha. It’s not really the reality of being a midwife; the only time I’d say you can get away with it a little bit is by recognising that you know one born every minute isn’t an accurate representation of current day midwifery etc.

Kind regards
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

It's filmed in Liverpool woman's maternity hospital so if it not real then why are they making it then.
Obviously they are not allowed to show certain things due to regulations but it is still real life situations that being shown to give people a insight on how things are with maternity wards.

Original post by N478
Reply 9
Original post by Tracey_W
It's filmed in Liverpool woman's maternity hospital so if it not real then why are they making it then.
Obviously they are not allowed to show certain things due to regulations but it is still real life situations that being shown to give people an insight on how things are with maternity wards.

Thank you I was a bit confused with the previous answer
Reply 10
Original post by N478
Thank you I was a bit confused with the previous answer

You are welcome 🤗
Well the other person is a final year midwife but yet can't see difference between real life and made up programs.
I can't remember what other hospital they film the program in ( could be Birmingham) but majority of the series is filmed in Liverpool.

I have watched this program since I can remember long before I did my degree.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending