The Student Room Group

My Uni course

Hi there, I'm currently doing a BTEC in business and I'm enjoying it a lot and doing very well however, i have always wanted to get into acting and i have a large amount of experience. What I'm trying to ask is, can i get into uni doing acting with experience or should i pursue business or maybe you guys have different ideas of what i could do? Thanks very much.
Original post by Deckers79
Hi there, I'm currently doing a BTEC in business and I'm enjoying it a lot and doing very well however, i have always wanted to get into acting and i have a large amount of experience. What I'm trying to ask is, can i get into uni doing acting with experience or should i pursue business or maybe you guys have different ideas of what i could do? Thanks very much.

Look at the drama degrees.
They are normally based on lowish academics, but auditions.
RADA doesnt have any entrance requirements except for the auditions.

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=drama&destination=Undergraduate&distanceFromPostcode=25&studyYear=2020&sort=MostRelevant
Just remember if you pursue acting then its a very inconsistent careers and over 80% are unemployed, so have a back up.
You are going to have to weigh up the pros and cons of pursuing each path and then make a choice as to what you want in life.

You could always audition and see what offers you get, do a year and if you dont like it change courses be it acting to business or business to acting.
Reply 2
that's great thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending