The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

7am ?
Reply 2
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UCAS_Track_on_results_day

When will Track open again?
UCAS Track is usually available from around 8am on Results Day, it's often a little (ie an hour or so) earlier but it may be later. There is no point in staying up and checking Track from one minute past midnight, hoping that something will happen; it won't. Instead, you would do much better to try and get some sleep, as you may need to be particularly on the ball if your results aren't what you hope for/expect.

EDIT - Clearly by some of the replies beneath, there isn't a standard time so check track around 6ish.
6:47am last year.

Year before was 9 ish.
Reply 4
Last year mine updated at 6:40ish.
Reply 5
usually between 6am and 8am.. one year it did go at midnight (3 years ago) but they said it was a technical glitch and wouldn't happen again... all that happens now is it ays track is upating at everyone gets excited and them about 12 hours later it comes online =P
Everyone always used to say that it was midnight, but now I'm hearing that it's in the morning. I'm wondering whether I should stay up late or turn in early on results eve.
Reply 7
Get some sleep, track doesn't update until at least 8am. Thats when it happened for me last year. Its clearing that updates at midnight.
Reply 8
8:30 apparently.

Don't think I'l be able to sleep so I'm going to bed late but will set my alarm for about 9.
I swear if one more person makes another track/results day related thread... :rant:

Honestly, no one can say and whilst that article does state that it's 7/8, it could be earlier and it could be later.
Reply 11
i thought it was 6am..?
Reply 12
Dadeling
Get some sleep, track doesn't update until at least 8am. Thats when it happened for me last year. Its clearing that updates at midnight.

I'm sure it was more like 7, actually. There was definitely a thread on here which I was on at the time when it updated and everyone suddently went nuts. Will try to find it.

EDIT: Found a thread. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=646744&page=4

And another one. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=13836164#post13836164
It doesn't update at midnight. That happened one year, about 3 years ago, and it was a mistake and it was quickly pulled off.

Just get some sleep, wake up about 7/8am, and you will probably be able to log on and see what's what then.
Half of my choices had updated when I got up but the other half didn't until the day after...so it will probably vary from year to year and from person to person !
sophisticated
It doesn't update at midnight. That happened one year, about 3 years ago, and it was a mistake and it was quickly pulled off.

Just get some sleep, wake up about 7/8am, and you will probably be able to log on and see what's what then.

What if that "mistake"/glitch happens again especially while you're asleep?

I'd kick myself about that. :yep:
sleekchic
What if that "mistake"/glitch happens again especially while you're asleep?

I'd kick myself about that. :yep:

Why? Cos you'd find out a few hours later? You're still gonna find out.

As you wish. But when I got my results (the year AFTER this glitch) I stayed up til 1am and nothing came up. Same for my sister the year after me. I'm only telling you what happened. If you want to ignore it and waste your own time staying up when you could be resting in preparation for celebrations the next day then you go right ahead darlin.
Gr3asy_L0ver
Half of my choices had updated when I got up but the other half didn't until the day after...so it will probably vary from year to year and from person to person !

Exactly this. When I got my results and went into school, some people's track hadn't even updated by then and this was like 10am! It depends on individual Universities.

The chances of it being all sorted out by midnight I'd give at about -100%. The only reason it happened before was a computer glitch that had never happened before and has never happened since. I think the time would be better spent sleeping so you're not yawning during the results parties the next day.
sophisticated
Why? Cos you'd find out a few hours later? You're still gonna find out.

As you wish. But when I got my results (the year AFTER this glitch) I stayed up til 1am and nothing came up. Same for my sister the year after me. I'm only telling you what happened. If you want to ignore it and waste your own time staying up when you could be resting in preparation for celebrations the next day then you go right ahead darlin.

I know it might not update by the time I go in to pick my results at 10. I also know that the time track updates varies.

However I know that despite all of that I'll still not sleep simply because I won't be able to. Besides last year I couldn't sleep anyway despite the fact that they were "only" AS' and anyway my sleeping pattern has been messed up over the holidays anyway so it's not a big deal for me.
sleekchic
I know it might not update by the time I go in to pick my results at 10. I also know that the time track updates varies.

However I know that despite all of that I'll still not sleep simply because I won't be able to. Besides last year I couldn't sleep anyway despite the fact that they were "only" AS' and anyway my sleeping pattern has been messed up over the holidays anyway so it's not a big deal for me.

You didn't mention your inability to sleep before. In that case, yeah, you might as well spend the night sitting up and refreshing Track fruitlessly, even though its probably not even going to let you in until at least 8am.

Have a look at the old threads that someone posted up there. At 6am, some people still can't get in to their track. However, you're with an exam board that post exam results online then you may be able to see those before Track updates. Up to you which way round you do it I suppose. I preferred to find out my Yes/No Uni answer before my results, which was just as well, as I didn't exactly meet my grades and if I'd known I'd missed my offer but didn't know that Exeter had still let me in then I'd have been going potty :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending