The Student Room Group

Men who wear make-up

It being the Summer holidays and all I was watching This Morning XD and they had an item on make-up for men. There seems to be lots of make-up hitting the shops designed specifically for men such as;

Eyeliner
Mascara
Bronzer
Concealer
Nail Varnish and even...
False Eyelashes

I was wondering what everyones opinion was of this. Girls; would you be turned on or off by a guy who wore make-up and Guys; would you ever consider wearing make-up?

I personally don't mind guys wearing make-up, but I would find it a bit strange if my boyfriend went out wearing anything more than concealer.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ha i was just going to say, you've been watching this morning...

the only thing i would consider is to cover spots on the face, and that thing for your nails

everything else is a bit over the top
Reply 2
I think barely any guys wear makeup other than goths and emos and even then its just eyeliner. To me the media is making a silly buzz about guyliner etc which will die down soon enough. Men wearing makeup is just unecessary.
Major turn off :no:.
Reply 4
xBillyBrownx

Agreed. Men who wear makeup are NOT men.
Reply 5
I've worn eyeliner and eyeshadow before... only to complete the goth look though. I always got a lot of female attention when I went out like that.
Reply 6
It's fine if they're gay or uncredibly camp but the general guy on the street - blusher would creep me out.
Reply 7
Hmm this guy who sat next to me in one of my college classes wore concealer/foundation, but it was really cakey and the wrong shade for his skin...I remember every time he talked to me I just couldn't stop staring at this patch on his forehead lol.

Other than that, if a guy used natural looking makeup I wouldn't be bothered, but if they dolled themself up (lipstick, eyeshadow, blusher) I'd find it a turn off.

I do know a few guys who are a bit "alternative" looking who have managed to pull off the gothy eyeliner look, but it looks ridiculous on most.
xBillyBrownx

Agree :no:
Reply 9
I quite like it, within reason though. Like Stuart from BB (mmmmm) or Chris from Hollyoaks.

Though it'd be weird to go out with someone who wears makeup when I never do :s-smilie:

Btw does Ray Liotta wear eyeliner?
Reply 10
I'm quite used to seeing guys in a fair amount of make-up, comes from living near Brighon XD

Some of my male friends look great with it and it can enhance their appearance, but I agree when it is put on badly, then it's just a no-no.
Reply 11
I think it can look quite nice actually; eyeliner and mascara really suits some men.

My brother wears eyeliner, and I really like it on him; and I had to watch a bit of Big Brother last night at my friends house and there's a guy in there (Stuart, I think?) who wears makeup that I think really suits him.

Edit: I was right about it being Stuart then. Mrs. X confirmed it.
Reply 12
cpj1987
I think it can look quite nice actually; eyeliner and mascara really suits some men.

My brother wears eyeliner, and I really like it on him; and I had to watch a bit of Big Brother last night at my friends house and there's a guy in there (Stuart, I think?) who wears makeup that I think really suits him.

Edit: I was right about it being Stuart then. Mrs. X confirmed it.

He's hot.
Reply 13
Mrs.X
He's hot.

I agree. I've not watched it before, but watched last night when he was receiving the letter from his child. Instantly liked him for looks and personality.
:biggrin:
Reply 14
cpj1987
I agree. I've not watched it before, but watched last night when he was receiving the letter from his child. Instantly liked him for looks and personality.
:biggrin:

Does he actually wear make up? I'm sure I remember him saying he just had naturally dark long eyelashes...hmmm maybe he was lying :s-smilie:
Reply 15
FizzBitch
Does he actually wear make up? I'm sure I remember him saying he just had naturally dark long eyelashes...hmmm maybe he was lying :s-smilie:

Hm...looked like eyeliner and mascara to me; and he had nail varnish on too.
Reply 16
They are GAY.
Don't mind guys with concealer on, and eyeliner can look quite hot. Doesn't bother me unless its OTT
I don't mind guys wearing makeup, why shouldn't they? It can look great on them. Girls can't keep the monopoly on everything.
Ah I just watched that! Two looked good and fine, one looked a bit weird with excess, noticeable eyeliner! Manscara and Guyliner! Hehe

Latest