The Student Room Group

A Level peoples!!!

What is everyone doing now that our a levels are cancelled because i’m really bored rn
Original post by d0nkey_dude
What is everyone doing now that our a levels are cancelled because i’m really bored rn

cryyy!!
embracing the art of doing nothing :3
Reply 3
TEACH US!!! Year 12s are so lost rn uhhhhh help
Original post by zazzy.r

what a levels u taking?
Original post by zazzy.r

I’m so bored, hey. What help do you need?
Yeah, I'm y12 and we've got sod all to do. just giving us revision resources. i'm using textbooks for subjects like history.

Trying to get a job to help the country out and also it will alleviate boredom, though im not that bored.
Original post by Ferrograd
Yeah, I'm y12 and we've got sod all to do. just giving us revision resources. i'm using textbooks for subjects like history.

Trying to get a job to help the country out and also it will alleviate boredom, though im not that bored.

from a previous yr 12 <-focuz on them end of years, if corona extends till 2021, you'll be in the same position as the current yr 13 where their end of yrs/ as levels are carrying them to uni
Original post by um ok
from a previous yr 12 <-focuz on them end of years, if corona extends till 2021, you'll be in the same position as the current yr 13 where their end of yrs/ as levels are carrying them to uni

our end of years mocks are not happening though.

realistically, coronavirus is going to be here next year, but they will have to open schools. its just not sustainable to close them beyond six months or keep these measures. I've heard from some ppl that there will most likely be mocks in september. Will they make next years exams easier or remove content, or just cancel them all together?
Reply 9
Original post by um ok

but we have no clue what's happening with end of years anyway! I can only guess they'll be in Sept but that feels so so far away : //

Original post by Oluwadamilooolaa
I’m so bored, hey. What help do you need?

I mean it depends who does what, like all of us are stuck for personal statements I think, I have NO clue which unis I'll apply to and obvioulsy all the open days are off, also I don't know how to teach myself the Crusades content and Spanish speaking and English because it's so discussion-based and stuff but oh well
Original post by Ferrograd
our end of years mocks are not happening though.

realistically, coronavirus is going to be here next year, but they will have to open schools. its just not sustainable to close them beyond six months or keep these measures. I've heard from some ppl that there will most likely be mocks in september. Will they make next years exams easier or remove content, or just cancel them all together?

whoaa , how are you guys getting ur predicted grades then O.o
I’m gonna learn to cook for university, learn to do some coding for my computer science course, read, spend time with my family and watch lots of Netflix.
Original post by um ok
whoaa , how are you guys getting ur predicted grades then O.o

i dont know, i imagine this is the same for everyoen though. we had just started our mocks when this had all kicked off so i've only done one english paper and a history paper. Either they'll do mocks in september or they'll just use our target grades or what teachers are predictign with internal class tests etc
Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Original post by d0nkey_dude

I needed some advice from the year 13s, I am in year 12 right now. My subjects are Physics, maths, english lit and psychology.
Now that colleges have shut down, I am starting to wonder if it would be a good idea to drop one of the subjects. For me it comes down to either dropping physics or English. Firstly, is doing 4 a levels hard or will it get harder, I should mention so far my mark book grades are A(maths) and BBB. So far I don't think I have felt that it's too hard, but I am terrified of English lit right now, coz right now it might seem fine, but I am guessing close to the exams it's gonna be stressful, remembering the content and all. Unless I am over thinking this.
What do you guys think?
Would I be fine if I still did 4 subjects?
Original post by Ananya.badithe
I needed some advice from the year 13s, I am in year 12 right now. My subjects are Physics, maths, english lit and psychology.
Now that colleges have shut down, I am starting to wonder if it would be a good idea to drop one of the subjects. For me it comes down to either dropping physics or English. Firstly, is doing 4 a levels hard or will it get harder, I should mention so far my mark book grades are A(maths) and BBB. So far I don't think I have felt that it's too hard, but I am terrified of English lit right now, coz right now it might seem fine, but I am guessing close to the exams it's gonna be stressful, remembering the content and all. Unless I am over thinking this.
What do you guys think?
Would I be fine if I still did 4 subjects?

4 a levels are longgg negl, but honestly drop the one u don’t like/won’t put the most work in because year 13 content is sooo much harder compared to year 12, also keep whichever ones u need to get into uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending