The Student Room Group

Big or small sixth form? OPINIONS NEEDED

These are both outstanding schools.
School A is one of the largest single site sixth forms in England (600+) and I know that if I go there I wont know anyone WHICH IS WHAT I WANT; a fresh start. I am very reserved and antisocial so I feel like going to A lets me blend in as there will be others like me so I'll get away with it.
School B is a smaller sixth form where everyone knows each other's names and resembles a family unit. However, I feel like if I go there I may see people I know which is a major TURN OFF for me.
School B is closer and easier to get to than school A (I purposefully applied for schools outside of my borough).

I feel like because A is built like a uni campus it would make the jump from sixth to uni easier but B is like a family (only 30 external students).
Feel free to ask for the names if you feel like it would help
What the pros and cons for both?
Reply 2
Original post by KrazyKriss
These are both outstanding schools.
School A is one of the largest single site sixth forms in England (600+) and I know that if I go there I wont know anyone WHICH IS WHAT I WANT; a fresh start. I am very reserved and antisocial so I feel like going to A lets me blend in as there will be others like me so I'll get away with it.
School B is a smaller sixth form where everyone knows each other's names and resembles a family unit. However, I feel like if I go there I may see people I know which is a major TURN OFF for me.
School B is closer and easier to get to than school A (I purposefully applied for schools outside of my borough).

I feel like because A is built like a uni campus it would make the jump from sixth to uni easier but B is like a family (only 30 external students).
Feel free to ask for the names if you feel like it would help

heyyy which sixth form did you end up going too??? I'm very curious because I'm in the same situation. It's either hills road or Comberton for me.
i am in the same situation as you lol,you decided yet?
Reply 4
Original post by gtjsona
heyyy which sixth form did you end up going too??? I'm very curious because I'm in the same situation. It's either hills road or Comberton for me.

This is such a late reply sorry, I didn't end up going to the really big one
Reply 5
Original post by Ben121829
i am in the same situation as you lol,you decided yet?

Went to the smaller one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending