The Student Room Group

Nights out

I'm going to uni this September and I'm wondering how often people go on a night out (weekly)? And how much do you spend per night out? How do you afford it because I'm on a stricter budget so is it possible to work? I'm planning on going to The University of Manchester and staying at Fallowfield because of the parties. Social life is very important for me.
Depends probably a fair bit, and you spend depending on how drunk you get, if your buying other people drinks, clothes, food after, taxi etc.
Original post by justnobody987
Depends probably a fair bit, and you spend depending on how drunk you get, if your buying other people drinks, clothes, food after, taxi etc.

A rough average?
Where's the point asking an average? All these things are now restricted.
I can't give you one,
You'll get drunk depending on whether you drink alot, your bmi,
Drinks vary from place to place
You also have to think about entry fees, some clubs are free
Food - normal takeaway prices
You can have pre drinks at home or the pub
Clothes - depends where your getting them from
Taxi - all depends how far you live from the clubs
Reply 5
Original post by Raisul_Bhuiya
I'm going to uni this September and I'm wondering how often people go on a night out (weekly)? And how much do you spend per night out? How do you afford it because I'm on a stricter budget so is it possible to work? I'm planning on going to The University of Manchester and staying at Fallowfield because of the parties. Social life is very important for me.

Well, I don’t drink, but I spend probs £10-£15 including taxis.
My friends pre drink before so in total about £20-£25.
you go out how much you want to go out and spend how much you want to spend what part of living independently don't you get
Original post by MKaur18
Well, I don’t drink, but I spend probs £10-£15 including taxis.
My friends pre drink before so in total about £20-£25.

And how often do you go out?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
And how often do you go out?

Not on a weekly basis, it depends, sometimes I didn’t go in a month...
Last month was only twice.

I go out for fun but as I don’t drink and want to spread my social activities evenly I don’t do it on a regular else it takes the fun out of it.
Original post by Raisul_Bhuiya

You are trying to compute this back-to-front. Wrong.

When budgeting:
1. List the 'expenditures & items' in your life by priority
2. Cost them up, starting with the highest priorities / essentials
3. The money you have left is what you have to spend on things like nights out, if you have any left
4. If you have other non-essential interests, you may instead chose to allocate money to those
5. If you don't have enough money to cover your priorities, you need to think about how else to get the money, and how soon you need it. Loans? Part-time jobs? Gap-year?

Your 'night out' ought to cost as much as you can afford, and not be based of other peoples' 'typical expenditures' on these kinds of things. Other people will often be in very different financial situations to you. Don't follow others' examples anyway, most people are shyt with money, statistically speaking.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending