The Student Room Group

First UK university delays their September start date

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/14/first-british-university-announces-delay-start-next-academic/

University of Aberdeen has announced a delay to the September 2020 term date, pushing it back by two weeks from the 7th September to the 21st September, to give staff time to 'adapt' to the new environment amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

They are the first university to announce a push back to their start date for the September term. They're hoping to start face to face teaching in September, but also want to use the extra time to prepare for online teaching to start studies and the transition from online to on-campus studying.

Do you think other universities will be affected or do you think that the early start date is nothing more than a precaution?
Original post by StrawberryDreams
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/14/first-british-university-announces-delay-start-next-academic/

University of Aberdeen has announced a delay to the September 2020 term date, pushing it back by two weeks from the 7th September to the 21st September, to give staff time to 'adapt' to the new environment amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

They are the first university to announce a push back to their start date for the September term. They're hoping to start face to face teaching in September, but also want to use the extra time to prepare for online teaching to start studies and the transition from online to on-campus studying.

Do you think other universities will be affected or do you think that the early start date is nothing more than a precaution?

The 7th seems like a hella early start date anyways.

The date that they pushed back to is close to most of the unis I know including the one I'm going to, so from just this, I don't think other unis that have a start date at the end of September/start of October will change their start date that much?
Original post by SlashaRussia
The 7th seems like a hella early start date anyways.

The date that they pushed back to is close to most of the unis I know including the one I'm going to, so from just this, I don't think other unis that have a start date at the end of September/start of October will change their start date that much?

That is true, the 7th was particularly early!

It'll be a bit of a waiting game to see, but it's interesting that it's on unis radar already :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending