The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Social life at the university of kent

Hey! I’ve just put Kent as my firm choice to study psychology. I was wondering what the social life is like at the uni? Are students around the campus a lot socializing ? What are the clubs/ sports like? I am big on sports :smile: thank you !!!!
Original post by charlottegg02
Hey! I’ve just put Kent as my firm choice to study psychology. I was wondering what the social life is like at the uni? Are students around the campus a lot socializing ? What are the clubs/ sports like? I am big on sports :smile: thank you !!!!

Hey congrats on firming your place at Kent! I'm currently in my fourth year on my psychology degree there. The social life is pretty good, loads of bars/restaurants on campus and a club onsite. There's a gym on campus and a cinema too. It's like max a 10min bus ride to town with loads more clubs and pubs too which is great. There are quite a lot of events that are held up at Kent throughout the year, with weekly themes at the campus club. If you're not into clubbing though, the bars are often holding their own events too. Canterbury itself has quite a lot going on weekly too, it's definitely busy! There are quite a few sports societies among other societies (there's a huge range) and the facilities here are great too! I'm not a massive sports person so I don't know 100% what's available in terms of societies but I can always have a look for you!

If you have any questions regarding the psych course, I'm happy to help too! :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Hi, thank you so much for your answer ! I’m terms of
Housing, which one would you recommend for being social? Also, In terms of the programme, what does the first week of psychology look like? Is there a lot of independent studying or is there a good balance of both (lectures and class work) ? Sorry for so many questions!!! Thank you for your help though :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending