The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Erzan
I got my username and password, expecting to be able to read the politics reading list... :s-smilie:

Have you used this: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/gateway/readinglists/local/searchlist?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I got my permmenant username last night, not the most memorable name but there we go!
Email and intranet login work fine and I've joined the FB Nottingham Uni network with my address.
Does anybody know the imap settings for the server though so I don't have to use the outlook web access?
Also the website implies support for mac is very limited, does anybody else use a mac on the network and if so can you access everything you need on it?

Thanks, Martin
martin-jesusfreak
I got my permmenant username last night, not the most memorable name but there we go!
Email and intranet login work fine and I've joined the FB Nottingham Uni network with my address.
Does anybody know the imap settings for the server though so I don't have to use the outlook web access?
Also the website implies support for mac is very limited, does anybody else use a mac on the network and if so can you access everything you need on it?

Thanks, Martin

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/support/knowledgebase/guides/IS4044.pdf

here you go :smile:

and no, i'm still using a windows based laptop.. i can't afford mac's yet unfortunately :frown:
Reply 43
Thank you for Registering.

Your University Username is being created, please check back in a few days.

I registered on Monday, and no luck yet.. :rolleyes:

I found my email address from the weblink someone posted above, but still need to wait for a password.
IcEmAn911
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/support/knowledgebase/guides/IS4044.pdf

here you go :smile:

and no, i'm still using a windows based laptop.. i can't afford mac's yet unfortunately :frown:

Thanks, I've got thunderbird going now!
I registered I think Tuesday and my link became available last night.
Anybody know how they come up with the usernames?
I guess the last three characters are our initials?
Reply 45
to sign into WebCT do you use your normal username and password or are you given a different one to use?
Reply 46
I wasn't given the option to create a password when I got my proper username, what should I do?
Reply 47
"My Finances" tab is finally available, but it shows last year's fee for my course. Anyone else with the same situation? I thought all this time was to update the info at least.
the fees bar doesn't update till mid to late september according to the finance office.
La Trampa
the fees bar doesn't update till mid to late september according to the finance office.

mine is updated.. it currently shows that I owe £7,100 which in my mind is the right amount seeing as I've paid the £400 deposit when I accepted the offer.. but I suppose it differs between all students.
Reply 50
I'm guessing i'm the only student with my problem then :P super
DominF
I'm guessing i'm the only student with my problem then :P super

Lacking a knowledgeable solution; email Nottingham IT support? :confused:
i can't see my fees for the upcoming year and when i ask the finance office,they say it won't show till late september, so just saying it might be the case for some people.
Reply 53
the username is related with our course and our year of entry :P
my second letter is L - law
and c stands for entry in 2008 as last year was b and the previous year was a..well that's my guess :P
Well just chiming in to say my portal's fully updated. I've got an email address and everything. It's just a shame that it's just a random string of letters. It'd be much easier if it were b.jenkinson@ or something...
Reply 55
BenJenkinson
Well just chiming in to say my portal's fully updated. I've got an email address and everything. It's just a shame that it's just a random string of letters. It'd be much easier if it were b.jenkinson@ or something...

well, it's all well and good for the more uncommon names, but if your surname's smith or something, there'll be hundreds of people with the same initials and surname... see this search! Plus, think of all the people called Smith who have grauduated in, say, the past 5 years - they couldn't really recycle email addresses much newer than that, cos there'd be issues with getting other people's email.

Giving everyone a completely unique email address nicely skirts round the issue of either reusing emails or getting to the stage of j.smith45325@...

See [post="13953610"]this post[/post] for an explanation of your username.
Reply 56
How do you find out what your email address is? I've got my username and password etc.
i think it's actually [email protected]....
Oh...mine works without exmail! Maybe I'm just special?

Latest

Trending

Trending