The Student Room Group

Need help with student finance

Hello,
I need to apply for student finance ASAP because the deadline is upcoming. I know where I’m going and what course I’m doing but I don’t know if I’m staying at home or going into accommodation. Do I have to apply for maintenance loan at the same time because I want to do it another time.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I need to apply for student finance ASAP because the deadline is upcoming. I know where I’m going and what course I’m doing but I don’t know if I’m staying at home or going into accommodation. Do I have to apply for maintenance loan at the same time because I want to do it another time.

Which location are you most likely to choose? It might be easier to say that you're staying in halls, as this will take longer for SF to deal with, and then change it if you stay at home.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Which location are you most likely to choose? It might be easier to say that you're staying in halls, as this will take longer for SF to deal with, and then change it if you stay at home.

Hi, thanks for the reply,
With covid19 I’m not sure whether it is worth the hassle to move out during this time and no ones knows what’s happening with university in September as some are saying there will be online classes at the start of the term. I live close to the university so I could stay at home but moving out means I get the university experience.
Original post by roseflamingo
Hi, thanks for the reply,
With covid19 I’m not sure whether it is worth the hassle to move out during this time and no ones knows what’s happening with university in September as some are saying there will be online classes at the start of the term. I live close to the university so I could stay at home but moving out means I get the university experience.

If you are worried about losing money (like putting down a deposit for halls) if you end up not being able to move out, then maybe it's best to put that you'll be living at home for first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending