The Student Room Group

Student finance being too vague

Hi all,

I'm autistic - please be kind!

Today my student finance application was approved but they've sent an email to say I may be eligible for more maintenance loan - but to do so - I need to send them evidence I'm entitled to receive benefits during the 2023/24 academic year... so I sent them a photocopy of a PIP letter from the start of the year where they were telling me what I was being paid that year, etc

...only for student finance to email me to say that this wasn't sufficent enough evidence and they couldn't accept it? They said in the email to look on my application to find the evidence they've requested but I can't find anything - I have no idea what it is exactly they want me to send? I don't know what would count as acceptable evidence here as they've given me vague to no detail.

Please could someone help?
Hi there!

Student finance is a bit of a mess to apply to, however in my experience they're very helpful if you call them - you should be able to find the number online on the government/student finance website. While calling them is the best way to get help with this asap, you can also write them and ask what evidence do they need so you can get that extra maintenance loan, either on an email or here on this very forum, on the "ask student finance" subforum. But again, a phonecall is probably the best idea :smile:

Hope you get this sorted out soon!
Original post by liv_laughlove
Hi all,

I'm autistic - please be kind!

Today my student finance application was approved but they've sent an email to say I may be eligible for more maintenance loan - but to do so - I need to send them evidence I'm entitled to receive benefits during the 2023/24 academic year... so I sent them a photocopy of a PIP letter from the start of the year where they were telling me what I was being paid that year, etc

...only for student finance to email me to say that this wasn't sufficent enough evidence and they couldn't accept it? They said in the email to look on my application to find the evidence they've requested but I can't find anything - I have no idea what it is exactly they want me to send? I don't know what would count as acceptable evidence here as they've given me vague to no detail.

Please could someone help?

The best way to get in touch is to log in to your account during office hours and use the live chat function to raise your query.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending