The Student Room Group

My mum is basically calling me ugly

So we have this cousin from another country and he’s a little bit on the creepy side. He added my sister on Facebook and used to pester her every day. Asking for pictures and everything. He even used to message my dad for pictures of ONLY her. Weird Ik. But the other day he requested me on insta and sent me a message saying hello do you know me. And I only have my account for my friends tbh, and as I don’t know him very well and in fact never met him. I felt a little uncomfortable him seeing my pictures and finding links to my friends.

So I apologised said no and blocked him. Felt guilty but I just didn’t want to. A few days later, he called my dad complaining about how I blocked him, my mum and sister knew why I blocked him but my dad didn’t Cus we know he wouldn’t like it. I had to unblock him and now I’m just waiting for him to request me. He even requested my “private private” account.

I explained to my mum why I didn’t want to accept him and she said “don’t worry, he won’t pester you like (my sisters name)” and she’s been saying that a lot to me whenever we talk about him and doing a little laugh to herself. Though she didn’t say it directly it’s what she’s aiming at. To make me feel better she said he wouldn’t message me either. Like I know that??😂

But I don’t think she understands exactly why I don’t want him to follow, it’s not because I think he’s gonna be creepy w me. And whenever we go to a family and friends party (which we have a lot) everyone always goes up to my sister WHILST I’m with her and calls her pretty and compliments her. All of my mums friends call her beautiful. It’s absolutely not that I don’t want my sister to be complimented, it’s nice that she can feel good about herself. But this all makes me feel really ****ty tbh. And it’s tearing my life apart. I always feel like the ugly one in the family. The black sheep, the odd one out. The shy one, the lonely one. Everyone wants to talk to my sister and no one has an interest in me or becoming friends with me. Not just in the family but wherever I go, everyone has more of a degree of symmetry than me, better eye and nose alignment, beautiful hair, every single person I meet. And I know I sound absolutely crazy but this obsession is taking over my life. I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t concentrate and I can’t do anything. It’s not just the looks thing as well, I feel stupid I feel boring and I hate my voice. I hate everything. I don’t know why I’m saying this but I don’t know who else to talk to and I have to get this out.
Reply 1
Original post by mon166
So we have this cousin from another country and he’s a little bit on the creepy side. He added my sister on Facebook and used to pester her every day. Asking for pictures and everything. He even used to message my dad for pictures of ONLY her. Weird Ik. But the other day he requested me on insta and sent me a message saying hello do you know me. And I only have my account for my friends tbh, and as I don’t know him very well and in fact never met him. I felt a little uncomfortable him seeing my pictures and finding links to my friends.

So I apologised said no and blocked him. Felt guilty but I just didn’t want to. A few days later, he called my dad complaining about how I blocked him, my mum and sister knew why I blocked him but my dad didn’t Cus we know he wouldn’t like it. I had to unblock him and now I’m just waiting for him to request me. He even requested my “private private” account.

I explained to my mum why I didn’t want to accept him and she said “don’t worry, he won’t pester you like (my sisters name)” and she’s been saying that a lot to me whenever we talk about him and doing a little laugh to herself. Though she didn’t say it directly it’s what she’s aiming at. To make me feel better she said he wouldn’t message me either. Like I know that??😂

But I don’t think she understands exactly why I don’t want him to follow, it’s not because I think he’s gonna be creepy w me. And whenever we go to a family and friends party (which we have a lot) everyone always goes up to my sister WHILST I’m with her and calls her pretty and compliments her. All of my mums friends call her beautiful. It’s absolutely not that I don’t want my sister to be complimented, it’s nice that she can feel good about herself. But this all makes me feel really ****ty tbh. And it’s tearing my life apart. I always feel like the ugly one in the family. The black sheep, the odd one out. The shy one, the lonely one. Everyone wants to talk to my sister and no one has an interest in me or becoming friends with me. Not just in the family but wherever I go, everyone has more of a degree of symmetry than me, better eye and nose alignment, beautiful hair, every single person I meet. And I know I sound absolutely crazy but this obsession is taking over my life. I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t concentrate and I can’t do anything. It’s not just the looks thing as well, I feel stupid I feel boring and I hate my voice. I hate everything. I don’t know why I’m saying this but I don’t know who else to talk to and I have to get this out.

it's time to say no to your parents. block him again. why tf would he even message your dad? the whole thing is weird.
Reply 2
Original post by Ciel.
it's time to say no to your parents. block him again. why tf would he even message your dad? the whole thing is weird.

yehh ikk
Tell your dad!!!
Original post by mon166

hey from one black sheep to another i totally get it hell i was miserable for so long and when i did find something that made me happy and all those things my own sister tried to ruin it its not that you not beautiful your not smart your probably a better person then your sister but your just overlooked and honestly ive been through all that i came to resent myself soo much i was going through a downwards spiral and its so not worth it idk you name or age or what you look like and i can see that you are beautiful inside and out no matter what anyone says dont let anyone tell you otherwise you family might overlook you but there will be those very few people that will see all those things in you and that makes you special i still have bad days im still healing but it gets better you gotta let it all go. look in the mirrior and learn to love yourself you will be soo much happier because you can make yourself happy you dont need anyone to compliment you or tell you all those things tell yourself. without all those compliments your sister will feel the way you do you dont stay young and beautiful forever so learn to love yourself no matter what take it day by day but you will get there
Don't compare yourself to your sis, think of her like anyone else. Why would you compare yourself to Angelina Jolie or whoever and let it take over your life? Your siblings don't define you, anyone who keeps comparing you is narrow minded and lazy in getting to know you.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
hey from one black sheep to another i totally get it hell i was miserable for so long and when i did find something that made me happy and all those things my own sister tried to ruin it its not that you not beautiful your not smart your probably a better person then your sister but your just overlooked and honestly ive been through all that i came to resent myself soo much i was going through a downwards spiral and its so not worth it idk you name or age or what you look like and i can see that you are beautiful inside and out no matter what anyone says dont let anyone tell you otherwise you family might overlook you but there will be those very few people that will see all those things in you and that makes you special i still have bad days im still healing but it gets better you gotta let it all go. look in the mirrior and learn to love yourself you will be soo much happier because you can make yourself happy you dont need anyone to compliment you or tell you all those things tell yourself. without all those compliments your sister will feel the way you do you dont stay young and beautiful forever so learn to love yourself no matter what take it day by day but you will get there

thank u so so much. and yeah ur right if you think about in that way, no one would ever believe they’re anything if someone didn’t compliment them. I’m still learning to love myself and cope on my own, it will take a while but I know I’ll get there. I hope ur okay too and I wish u the best<3
Reply 7
Don't compare yourself to your sis, think of her like anyone else. Why would you compare yourself to Angelina Jolie or whoever and let it take over your life? Your siblings don't define you, anyone who keeps comparing you is narrow minded and lazy in getting to know you.

thankk u:smile:) it’s very hard but I do try:/
Reply 8

thankk uu:smile:) it’s hard but I try:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending